Screenshot

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
ShootMe (Screen Grabber) - Android Application on the Android market

tried this one but it doesn't work. I am rooted already just did it five minutes ago, and i do have super user so i know all went well there. does anyone know of an alternative?

Were you prompted to allow superuser access when you launched Shoot Me? This is the first time I've ever heard of it not working. There's also an app, that requires root, called Adfree. I'd be curious to know if that app doesn't with either.

waltercln

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Were you prompted to allow superuser access when you launched Shoot Me? This is the first time I've ever heard of it not working. There's also an app, that requires root, called Adfree. I'd be curious to know if that app doesn't with either.

it searches for a bit then says failed, i was prompted and i did hit allow but still no success. I tried screenshot as well, but nothing. I'll try adfree in a few.

urbannaja

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. None of the screenshot apps I've tried will work. I definitely have root access and made certain that the screenshot apps were on the SU list.

ShootME says: "Failed starting server. Please check that you have ***ROOT*** access on your device and enable access to lower level graphics."

drocap2 doesn't give any errors, it just doesn't take any screenshots.

Screenshot says "Error on fb0" - but it does create a screenshot folder on the internal phone memory and creates 0kb empty .bmps.

(Adfree is installed and working. I checked the superuser in a terminal emulator and it's working as well.)

Garz

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I dont get it. Brand new Android user here. We cant take screen shots unless rooted? R U serious? Even my iPhone can take it without any apps installed or jailbroke. This is the one thing that has me irritated with Android. *Ranting*

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Some Android phones need to be rooted, others don't. The argument for requiring root is for security reasons. In the sticky, we've posted a method for using ADB to take screenshots, but that's only a workaround.

I'd also like to hear, from anyone that has rooted their Atrix, if they are able to use any other root apps. I suggested Adfree, because it's a relatively lightweight app that will tell you immediately if you actually have the ability to grant SU permissions to an app (that's the goal of rooting).

tjb433

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
adfree seems to work fine, no error messages, and no adds. titanuim backup also seems to have no issues, although im not very familiar with it.

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I rooted and sideloaded Wireless Tether for Root users. The app installed fine and I was able to get my laptop to recognize it, but it wouldn't share the data stream. My laptop just tries and tries to obtain an IP. I just gave up and used the APN method. I did try both the released version of WTRU and the beta.