Battery drain problem: Any way to close all things running at one time?

Garz

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Newbie question... Im getting bad battery drain from just "phone idle" compare to wifi, cellular, and all other. Almost as high as screen display. Not sure if its certain things draining the battey or if there is a "kill all" things running. Any tips would be greatly appreciated for a kill all or just help again "phone idle" battery drain

hellosailor

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there's any "kill all apps" unless there's an app for that.<G>

Some of it is bad apps, if an app doesn't give me a way to close it or shut it, and doesn't shut itself when you exit? I uninstall it, I won't run that crap.

Of course there's "flight mode" to shut down all the radios. And the widgets that give you one-shot toggles of each radio.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
ATK...you can set how agressive you want it to be on auto or you can set how often it shuts programs down. I had to use it on my N1 to free up memory to prevent the phone from freezing occasionally.

vlstyles

Feb 19, 2011
www.sdbell.com
With ESTask Manager you can exclude apps you do not wish to be terminated. It's free and it comes with a widget for one click task killing. Using Live Wallpapers has seemed to drain my battery more than I would like.

Reactions: Garz

Garz

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
With ESTask Manager you can exclude apps you do not wish to be terminated. It's free and it comes with a widget for one click task killing. Using Live Wallpapers has seemed to drain my battery more than I would like.

thank you. I will look into that

potatoho

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I would root it and use AutoKiller set for aggressive or whatever level you are comfortable. AutoKiller tweaks the OS weighting for memory so that you can control how much apps linger.

Though what I usually do if there is something drawing excessive power is to run netmeter's show task and see if some app is buggy.

Also I have taken to using JuiceDefender to control the phone data connections and wifi. It seems like a decent way to tailor how much idle power draw I want in situations such as screen off.

Garz

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

I love the kill all with that app. It's helped :)

Berry-well

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
you have to close the apps one by one... right? At least it seemed that way when I used it. I also read a thread here somewhere that Task managers could actually hurt so I just uninstalled it
Didn't note what phone you have, but I have an Epic 4G and the app I use to close my runnig apps for me is "Killer Ap" it is out on the market and works really well.

Good Luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude