Not receiving notifications on Corporate email account

JohnnyUtah

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Everythings set up correctly as far as notifications, sometimes I get notifications, most of the time I don't. Thought it was just when phone was in sleep mode but just tried it with phone illuminated and no dice. Any help appreciated

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Everythings set up correctly as far as notifications, sometimes I get notifications, most of the time I don't. Thought it was just when phone was in sleep mode but just tried it with phone illuminated and no dice. Any help appreciated

Suddenly I too am having this problem. I get notifications with my IMAP and Gmail email. But anything sent to my Corp Sync (Exchange) account results in silence. The email is there but, the Atrix is mum about it.
The notification option is global and applies to all accounts, so why do 2 out the 3 email accounts work? Very strange.
I'm going to install Touchdown and see if that fixes it.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I too am experiencing this problem but with Hotmail only

on the Corporate sync settings menu I have notification checked, ring tone selected and vibrate enabled and I'm not getting any notifications when a Hotmail message is pushed to my device.

So I thought it was an issue with my device so I removed the Hotmail account and added another Gmail account to Corporate sync and I get all notifications and all works 100%.

Then I removed the Gmail account and added Hotmail again and no notifications, the emails are pushed to my phone but silently. Anyone have issues like this? Anything I can do? I'm scratching my head over here trying to figure this out. TIA

DesertDroid

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
on the Corporate sync settings menu I have notification checked, ring tone selected and vibrate enabled and I'm not getting any notifications when a Hotmail message is pushed to my device.

So I thought it was an issue with my device so I removed the Hotmail account and added another Gmail account to Corporate sync and I get all notifications and all works 100%.

Then I removed the Gmail account and added Hotmail again and no notifications, the emails are pushed to my phone but silently. Anyone have issues like this? Anything I can do? I'm scratching my head over here trying to figure this out. TIA

I think it's an issue with the mail server. I am having this problem using corp. sync with my company's 2003 Exchange server. I spent 45 min on the phone with AT&T and Motorola, with 2 call backs from Moto and a level 3 tech only to find out it's an "issue" that they're working on.....

Reactions: Sparty616

Sparty616

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for addressing this. I am having the same issue (which led me to join the forum today to look for an answer). Notifications work fine with gmail but not for my corporate email (outlook 2003 exchange server). If you guys end up finding out the tech's fixed the "issue" or you know of an answer will you post on here? I can live with it not working for a while, but don't want to have to check my phone constantly to check if there are new emails.

Sparty616

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded an update Thursday afternoon and notifications are now working for my corporate sync email. Not sure if it was a coincidence and the notifications just randomly started working or if the update actually did the trick.

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem with our company's Exchange 2003 server. As it happens, I recently upgraded the company to Exchange 2007 and the notification issue went away.

I have also seen this solution mentioned elsewhere. The issue seems to be tied to Exchange 2003.

tk123

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
It is definitely not an Outlook 2003 issue and the update did not resolve it. Anyone who thinks they are getting all their notifications is not paying close enough attention. I am still not getting all my notifications (I get a lot of email all day long) and I have used both 2003 and 2007 and have updated my firmware. I began using touchdown and I am getting all my notifications on time, so it is almost certainly a problem with Motoblur or the onboard email client specifically. Check the Motorola boards; people are all over it complaining.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech