Before you get the Atrix....

brdl04

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a long line of android devices, including (Droid, Inc. , Galaxy s, inspire , and Atrix) I have found the Atrix to be the worst of the bunch.

This thing is laggy. (now before the Tegra fanboys come out and cry and scream and say its the fastest phone ever, let me explain)

I feel Motoblur kills this phone. Also, The HTC devices are proven to have a more responsive touchscreen ( YouTube - HTC Desire HD Multitouch Test) Try doing this on the Atrix.

Until the Atrix can get loaded with stock android it will be laggy.

(Alright fanboys, your turn....):confused:

Reactions: 1414H77

sw33ndawg

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a long line of android devices, including (Droid, Inc. , Galaxy s, inspire , and Atrix) I have found the Atrix to be the worst of the bunch.

This thing is laggy. (now before the Tegra fanboys come out and cry and scream and say its the fastest phone ever, let me explain)

I feel Motoblur kills this phone. Also, The HTC devices are proven to have a more responsive touchscreen ( YouTube - HTC Desire HD Multitouch Test) Try doing this on the Atrix.

Until the Atrix can get loaded with stock android it will be laggy.

(Alright fanboys, your turn....):confused:

I returned an Inspire and picked this up... the Atrix runs much, much, much faster than the Inspire.. did you even really use the phone? Or play with it for 5 minutes in an AT&T store?

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Im not a fanboy at all. In fact I might even be going to the Thunderbolt if verizon ever decides they want to sell it. However my experience is completely opposite of yours. Mine is extremely fast. I've removed all the blur widgets from my home screen and added launcher pro and my experience has been great. I've had the nexus one, Dinc, Evo and X and this one is faster than all of them.

My disappointment is at&t marketing it as 4g when it doesn't get any better data speeds than the iPhone. Slightly disappointed in the appearance of the screen after all the hype of qHD. Colors appear more vibrant on the inspire and even my old Droid x. That said it is an excellent device at an excellent price. Especially if you can grab one at costco, walmart or radio shack

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Just so I can try and understand what you are saying, you believe the Atrix to be "Laggy" meaning slow to respond. Especially when you compare it to other Android phones such as Droid Inc, Galaxy S and Inspire just to name a few?

As for the video on multi-touch, I suggest you open up Google Maps on the Atrix while touching the screen with 2 fingers then rotate the phone.

I will agree HTC Sense Widgets are eye candy and this is an area Motorola can and should invest more effort in creating a better out of the box experience. Other than the Widgets I don't see a problem with Blur, with the exception of delay's that are caused by any phone with custom launchers of receiving timely updates/upgrades once Google releases them. But then again most non-rooted Android phones will have this same problem.

I would guess you will be returning your Atrix since you are not happy with it at all, what device will you be getting next?

dchandler

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
If thats the case nobody has true 4G, every carrier out there claims they have 4G but in fact nobody really has it. One of the main features of 3G is voice and data at the same time, Even Tmobile said they have 4G lmao thats really funny.

Im not a fanboy at all. In fact I might even be going to the Thunderbolt if verizon ever decides they want to sell it. However my experience is completely opposite of yours. Mine is extremely fast. I've removed all the blur widgets from my home screen and added launcher pro and my experience has been great. I've had the nexus one, Dinc, Evo and X and this one is faster than all of them.

My disappointment is at&t marketing it as 4g when it doesn't get any better data speeds than the iPhone. Slightly disappointed in the appearance of the screen after all the hype of qHD. Colors appear more vibrant on the inspire and even my old Droid x. That said it is an excellent device at an excellent price. Especially if you can grab one at costco, walmart or radio shack

JamesKBoyd

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
If thats the case nobody has true 4G, every carrier out there claims they have 4G but in fact nobody really has it. One of the main features of 3G is voice and data at the same time, Even Tmobile said they have 4G lmao thats really funny.
That's it, right there. No one really has 4G.

Lason

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

110% agree, phone is great hardware wise. Only lag I have encountered is the slide across bar at the lock screen and I dont use it anymore because I use the fingerprint reader instead. Motoblur does want to keep starting services but ATK seems to keep that under control to a point.

While you are right, ATT's speeds are stupid slow due to HSUPA being locked down. I tested my Atrix against my wifes iphone 4 last night so she could see and we pulled up 3 sites that neither of our phones had ever been on and her iphone 4 pulled them up almost twice as fast everytime. And Im in Dallas where the backhaul is complete. Its pathetic to say the least.

Verizon's "4G" is already showing speeds of 5mbs up/down and even faster in some areas on test phones so I will probably be following Aggie99's lead and go to big red after 10 years with ATT.

jyar727

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
What a troll. Provide some good details if you want to be taken seriously. People who write reviews and have some concrete comparison don't get called trolls.

Last edited:

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

I know exactly what 4g is but LTE is the closest thing to it. Hmm 15-20 mbps down and 5 up or 3 down if you're lucky and .3 up. The Atrix is getting middling 3g and at&t is loving people like you defending it. And if you haven't heard the thunderbolt does simultaneous voice and data over 3g with SVDO technology albeit at EDGE speeds and also on LTE if you are in an LTE area.

Let's not turn this thread into a 4g debate. My point in my original post was im in a HSPA+ area in the middle of dallas and my iphone 4 which is not a hspa+ device gets better upload and download. The fact that at&t is restricting HSUPA is a joke.

The phone is amazing. Best android device I've used. AT&T sucks though.

brdl04

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
What a troll.

Yes, I am a troll. Been on this site for over a year longer than you have, and because I am just pointing out a flaw, I am a troll.

Also, I am attributing the slowness to respond aka "laggyness" to Motoblur and perhaps the Motorola screen. I am by no way saying the Tegra 2 is slow. But when you couple terrible software with this speedy phone, IN MY EXPIRIENCE its laggy.

I own the phone, I have had the phone since tuesday, and I will be returning the phone. I will probably stick with HTC because it is my preference.

Reactions: aggie

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
110% agree, phone is great hardware wise. Only lag I have encountered is the slide across bar at the lock screen and I dont use it anymore because I use the fingerprint reader instead. Motoblur does want to keep starting services but ATK seems to keep that under control to a point.

While you are right, ATT's speeds are stupid slow due to HSUPA being locked down. I tested my Atrix against my wifes iphone 4 last night so she could see and we pulled up 3 sites that neither of our phones had ever been on and her iphone 4 pulled them up almost twice as fast everytime. And Im in Dallas where the backhaul is complete. Its pathetic to say the least.

Verizon's "4G" is already showing speeds of 5mbs up/down and even faster in some areas on test phones so I will probably be following Aggie99's lead and go to big red after 10 years with ATT.

My lte usb modem regularly touches 17-20 mbps down. Expect the same from Bolt till network gets saturated. People who have had hands on with the Bolt have reported speeds up to 25.

Sadly I like the Atrix hardware better and wont want to give it up. This is one amazing device. Unfortunatley I lost my grandfathered unlimited at&t data plan when I left for vzw in nov. Opened this line up to test the Atrix. Ill blow thru 2gb easily while I still have unlimited on vzw. Gonna be a tough decision. Really like the Atrix

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I am a troll. Been on this site for over a year longer than you have, and because I am just pointing out a flaw, I am a troll.

Sadly anyone who points out their negative experiences are immediately called trolls. Those guys that scream troll are fanboys who think the product is perfect because they love it so much. They are more annoying than true trolls. Android fanboys are getting worse than apple and CrackBerry (back in their day) fanboys , and im an android fan but not fanboy.

Lason

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Yep I love the atrix hardware, the bionic is the closest thing coming to verizon. I really like the tbolt but love the dual processors too. I may take the atrix back, stick with my Nexus One on ATT and wait it out for the Bionic. Give me some time to save up for the ETF on the wifes iPhone 4.

brdl04

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I know the Android Central base is very picky, and very particular. Therefore I am pointing out something very picky and particular. After looking at the phone again, perhaps Motoblur slows their screen animations a little more than lets say HTC Sense. This could be the issue.

All in all, once this phone gets modded, it will scream.

jyar727

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I honestly think you are trolling because I recall you saying that the atrix is also made out of childish plastic. That's just over the top negativity if you ask me. I don't really care if you've been here longer, I can't respect your opinions.

brdl04

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I honestly think you are trolling because I recall you saying that the atrix is also made out of childish plastic. That's just over the top negativity if you ask me. I don't really care if you've been here longer, I can't respect your opinions.

I'm not here looking for respect. I'm here to discuss android.

I want to personally apologize for upsetting you regarding my quote saying "the phone was childish plastic:)" it was meant as humor.

Please forgive me if I offended you.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I ran a test last night on my Inspire and my Atrix, using SpeedTest.Net.

I have to say, I'm not at all impressed with the download\upload speeds of the Atrix. And, I tested both on WIFI and AT&T's network.

Terrible...

The Inspire beat the Atrix to a pulp.

Reactions: khalim

sw33ndawg

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I know the Android Central base is very picky, and very particular. Therefore I am pointing out something very picky and particular. After looking at the phone again, perhaps Motoblur slows their screen animations a little more than lets say HTC Sense. This could be the issue.

All in all, once this phone gets modded, it will scream.

The first thing I did with this phone was install Launcher Pro.. and have had zero lag issues. Maybe you should try the same before returning it.

Reactions: Terrigno

sw33ndawg

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I ran a test last night on my Inspire and my Atrix, using SpeedTest.Net.

I have to say, I'm not at all impressed with the download\upload speeds of the Atrix. And, I tested both on WIFI and AT&T's network.

Terrible...

The Inspire beat the Atrix to a pulp.

complete opposite here.. 1 mb down on inspire/2.5-4 on the atrix.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000