Before you get the Atrix....

stonefeet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
The first thing I did with this phone was install Launcher Pro.. and have had zero lag issues. Maybe you should try the same before returning it.

thanks for the tip.

i'm new to android and coming from a very slow and laggy iphone 3g this thing moves quick, i'm sure after i get used to it i might see some of the stuff talked about here, but for now i couldn't be any happier.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I ran a test last night on my Inspire and my Atrix, using SpeedTest.Net.

I have to say, I'm not at all impressed with the download\upload speeds of the Atrix. And, I tested both on WIFI and AT&T's network.

Terrible...

The Inspire beat the Atrix to a pulp.

It gets worse my friend. If you still have the iPhone 4 try a test comparing the two. I've tested against the inspire and my tests have come out about the same between the two.

Vic Nebulous

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I know exactly what 4g is but LTE is the closest thing to it. Hmm 15-20 mbps down and 5 up or 3 down if you're lucky and .3 up. The Atrix is getting middling 3g and at&t is loving people like you defending it. And if you haven't heard the thunderbolt does simultaneous voice and data over 3g with SVDO technology albeit at EDGE speeds and also on LTE if you are in an LTE area.

Let's not turn this thread into a 4g debate. My point in my original post was im in a HSPA+ area in the middle of dallas and my iphone 4 which is not a hspa+ device gets better upload and download. The fact that at&t is restricting HSUPA is a joke.

The phone is amazing. Best android device I've used. AT&T sucks though.

Bravo. You nailed it.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
What a troll. Provide some good details if you want to be taken seriously. People who write reviews and have some concrete comparison don't get called trolls.

When not "if" you find issues with this phone, you yourself will want to point them out here in the forums in hopes of finding a solution or voicing your dissatisfaction. No need to call someone a "troll" for expressing their view on a forum.

jyar727

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
When not "if" you find issues with this phone, you yourself will want to point them out here in the forums in hopes of finding a solution or voicing your dissatisfaction. No need to call someone a "troll" for expressing their view on a forum.

OK. The OP was bold enough to say the phone was the worst of the bunch just by saying its laggy compare to the others. Ok, I guess I'll take his word for it. It's the worst phone everrrrr because one person said so I don't need any other explanations.

I'm not gonna waste my time explaining or proving otherwise when the OP seems so convinced the phone is the worst already.

stray

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I know the Android Central base is very picky, and very particular. Therefore I am pointing out something very picky and particular. After looking at the phone again, perhaps Motoblur slows their screen animations a little more than lets say HTC Sense. This could be the issue.

I returned an Inspire for my Atrix; iPhone before that. I came to despise Sense personally, and will probably never even consider an htc product again until they streamline their UI or put respectable batteries in their products. Although, contact linking in Sense was quite nice. Full page widgets sucking the battery dry, not so much.

I quite like Motoblur so far; widgets are all small and resizable, and the default mail and SMS clients are respectable enough to use day in and day out. I guess it could use some optimization, but I've heard a revamped blur is coming down the road

To me anyway, the Atrix feels like a phone first and foremost, something I can feel good about carrying in my pocket. The Inspire felt like a media platform blob (slab?) of some kind. Lots of glitz, not much usability. If the Atrix hadn't come out I'd have probably gone back to iPhone. I'm actually quite looking forward to my Android experience now.

In the end... to each their own I suppose.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
OK. The OP was bold enough to say the phone was the worst of the bunch just by saying its laggy compare to the others. Ok, I guess I'll take his word for it. It's the worst phone everrrrr because one person said so I don't need any other explanations.

I'm not gonna waste my time explaining or proving otherwise when the OP seems so convinced the phone is the worst already.

lol. My expierence is this. The Atrix has moved faster then my HTC Aria, Samsung Captivate and Dell Streak. And of course it should due to the processor. People should hit up the Quadrant test app and look for them selves. I have never got quadrant scores over 2K with any other phone. This one does it stock, and I still never got that even with overclocking roms.

brdl04

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
lol. My expierence is this. The Atrix has moved faster then my HTC Aria, Samsung Captivate and Dell Streak. And of course it should due to the processor. People should hit up the Quadrant test app and look for them selves. I have never got quadrant scores over 2K with any other phone. This one does it stock, and I still never got that even with overclocking roms.

Ive done the quadrant test also. yes mine said 2500 something. The whole point of my thread was to say, over the first 24 hours of ownership, I have seen this phone lag on basic web items and menu searching more than my other phones. Its due to motoblur, and yes I've tried Launcher Pro and ADW but that is a mask for a bigger problem In my opinion.

brdl04

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok. At least based on quadrant I have to say I am wrong- the Atrix is faster than my epic 4G, a lot faster. The full score on the epic was 1028 versus 2433 for the Atrix.

Unfortunately there is more than what makes up a phone than a quadrant score.

sw33ndawg

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Ive done the quadrant test also. yes mine said 2500 something. The whole point of my thread was to say, over the first 24 hours of ownership, I have seen this phone lag on basic web items and menu searching more than my other phones. Its due to motoblur, and yes I've tried Launcher Pro and ADW but that is a mask for a bigger problem In my opinion.

Apparently it's a solution and not a mask. Like I said, I've had zero lag with launcher pro

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Mine doesn't lag running ADW either. Not yet, anyway *here's hoping*.
Though, mine didn't lag before I installed Motoblur either...but that was short-lived, admittedly.

Anyway, just return it and pick up an HTC device. I love the way those look, too, hardware-wise, and I wish Flickr were integrated into motoblur like it is in Sense. Motoblur only has stuff I don't use: Facebook, Picasa, Yahoo e-mail...

ECghostie

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Despite the mix of opinions, I feel that this phone can really hold its own in the future in terms of technology. Lag issues, false hype on the display, etc...all negativity aside, in the end, there is no real way to find out for sure about how the handset will react until one actually gets a device to call there own.

I'm a realist. If you ask me or tell me that a phone is such and such and acts like this and that, I will respond not all phones are the same, despite being the same model, same generation of production; even if they came off the assembly line seconds from each other.

Let's be honest, android newbies like me come to these forums for help and advising. Reactions from any and all angles are necessary to help one make decisions, especially when dishing out a good amount of money for a device. No need for name calling. I'm still going head on, down the Atrix road.

Reactions: s0dhi

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how many times this has been said before but if you are on these forums it does not need repeating:

Android 2.2 is not optimized for dual core processors. Until the Atrix receives and update comparable to Honeycomb it's just another Android device. It's still an exceptional device but don't expect miracles from it at the moment.

I have to agree that Motoblur slows down the device, It's a horrendous OS skin, I used Launcher Pro to rid it of Motoblur.

I'm sticking with the Atrix because I believe it's going to be a screamer when a dual core optimized Android OS is released.

Quadrant and Bench marks have already proven the Atrix to be the fastest Android device on the market, yes theres more than speed test to a phone but it's a good start.

MaxO

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
i finally got a chance to get some hands on time with it.. and IMHO it does feel plasticy.. overly so.. almost feels like the bravo.. the inspire felt way more sturdy and much more solid

the speeds on it are horrible.. i did a speed test against the inspire and it consistently was slower.. it was just a hair faster than my evo.. on 3g!

maybe its the motoblur maybe it had apps open or whatever but it doesnt seem as smooth or crisp as everyone says it is or should be.. maybe i just like HTC or whatever but it doesnt feel like a $200 phone in my hands

very underwhelming phone in my opinion.. and the laptop dock is cool but id rather root/wireless tether/ to a tablet then a laptop.. (yes i am waiting for the touchpad)

so this phone shall not be mine.. sadly

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
The guy that called you a troll was probably a MSU fan!

But back on subject, maybe you have a defective phone and thats why the programs are not able to keep it from lagging like it is for the others....Might want to exchange it and give it another go if you are trying to like it, but the lag is holding you back.

jyar727

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Lol dude come on, I'm a wolverine. I'm going to try out the Inspire 4G, If I don't like it I'm going into the Inspire forum and posting the same thing this guy posted. Especially the last comment where I ask the inpire fans to bring it on. Nope it won't be trolling.

awtryau89

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a long line of android devices, including (Droid, Inc. , Galaxy s, inspire , and Atrix) I have found the Atrix to be the worst of the bunch.

This thing is laggy. (now before the Tegra fanboys come out and cry and scream and say its the fastest phone ever, let me explain)

I feel Motoblur kills this phone. Also, The HTC devices are proven to have a more responsive touchscreen ( YouTube - HTC Desire HD Multitouch Test) Try doing this on the Atrix.

Until the Atrix can get loaded with stock android it will be laggy.

(Alright fanboys, your turn....):confused:

Agree completely. My Atrix had terrible screen response as compared to the Inspire or iPhone 4.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692