Is it possible to use volume buttons to wake phone?

nemesiz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks.. is there an app to make the volume buttons to wake the phone instead of using the awkwardly placed power button? I would still like the phone to be unlocked using the fingerprint scan but would like the screen to come up if i press the volume button.

jyar727

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I would like to confirm that my Atrix wakes up with the volume rocker! The only thing different on mine is I disabled the swipe to unlock. Although it does chime whenever I press it because it changes the volume...

nemesiz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I would like to confirm that my Atrix wakes up with the volume rocker! The only thing different on mine is I disabled the swipe to unlock. Although it does chime whenever I press it because it changes the volume...
did you use a external app? or is it possible without apps? Also, i still want to keep the fingerprint unlocker... i just want to wake the phone's screen alone using the volume button (to check the time without lifting the phone from my table)

jyar727

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I actually didn't intend to do it. I just discovered it right now... So I don't even know what steps to take to get it to do that...

But to reiterate I've got No Lock installed and HomeSmack might be another thing that messed with my settings. I installed HomeSmack to try to set the double-home to launch my preffered browser but the Atrix isn't supported so no go on that.

ranphi

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
There's a paid app in the Market called WidgetLocker that has a setting to wake the phone by pressing any hardware key on the phone. The catch here is that it's main functionality is to replace the default lockscreen on your phone, so it won't work with the fingerprint scanner.

Or, you could still leave the default lockscreen active in addition to the WidgetLocker lockscreen to keep the scanner active but then you'd have to go through unlocking both lockscreens to get to your phone's desktop.

As far as I could tell, there's no way to to only have 1 lockscreen between using both apps AND keep the fingerprint scanner active. :(

Francisftw

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
i downloaded nolock from the market and ive been using the volume buttons to wake my phone. The only thing im wondering is if it kills the battery. Does it go to sleep if i lock it? Does anyone know?

Maestro1#AC

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I am very intrested in this has anyone been able to use the fingerprint scanner without having to wake up the phone using the button of the fingerprint scanner?

I was playing with an Atrix today and the fingerprint scanner is one of my favorite features, but it feels awkarad to press the button first.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad