headphones

DaSpitter

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else had difficulty plugging in a set of 3.5mm headphones...I have the bose headphones with microphone and I feel like I am pushing too hard into the socket...whats up!?!?! Thoughts/workarounds?

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Its like that so they don't yank out easily. Its just locking them in so they stay secure. Alot of newer phones and iPods use it.

Sent from my Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

waltercln

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I just tried my Senn PX100's and my Grado SR60's and had no problem inserting or removing.

it's not a problem it just feels like you have to use the slightest amount of force to plug it in. very slight though, nothing too crazy. When you push it all the way you do hear a lock sound so the other poster does make sense.

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
it's not a problem it just feels like you have to use the slightest amount of force to plug it in. very slight though, nothing too crazy. When you push it all the way you do hear a lock sound so the other poster does make sense.

i have not experienced any of these problems.

DaSpitter

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
try using wired headsets with microphones attached... That 4th black ring around the 3.5 jack is the voice...it doesn't go far enough into the jack to work...

megamanexent

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I thought the extra force was placed there to help lock in the headphones that would accommodate the radio function, which would explain the gap left.
BTW, Still waiting on the radio function to be turned on.

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Isn't this the same with the iPhone? I think the iPhone uses the phone's mic and so you can't use the headset w/mic like you can with a BlackBerry.

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I've used 3 different pairs of mic-earbuds/headphones and they all work fine. Sure, you do have a bit of resistance at the end of plugging them in, but it just feels like a 'lock-in' feel to make sure your earbuds are plugged in properly. Mic works on all 3 pairs that I've used.

No problems so far.

I'm getting a new pair of earbuds tomorrow and will try it out as well.

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Got my Meelectronics M9P-BK today and they work with my Atrix as well. Mic does what its supposed to do without any 3rd party apps.

:)