H+ Notification IS A LIE!!!

dchandler

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Actually 3G has NOTHING to do with being able to use voice/data at the same time. The reason it works on AT&T, is they split voice into 1 spectrum and data into the other. T-Mobile does this as well, as long as you are in a 3G/4G area. I am sure with Verizon's LTE, its possible while there is LTE signal, if not, then voice or data only as before. Same with Sprint, you can use voice/data at the same time as long as your on a 4G network. CDMA has no way of splitting the spectrum like GSM does. AT&T was just 1st to utilize the tecnology. But I tell you what, go into a Edge area and try your luck at voice/data at the same time. See what happens...

I know with EDGE it will not work but I also know it will not work with any other carrier even if they are in a 3G network. But everybody has there own way so if thats what you believe thats on you, No disrespect to anyone and I hope I didnt offended anyone. Over the past couple of threads we all have voiced our opinion and thats what it is OUR OPINION because none of us know the facts.

Brademcee

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I know with EDGE it will not work but I also know it will not work with any other carrier even if they are in a 3G network. But everybody has there own way so if thats what you believe thats on you, No disrespect to anyone and I hope I didnt offended anyone. Over the past couple of threads we all have voiced our opinion and thats what it is OUR OPINION because none of us know the facts.

I know for a fact that nationwide tmobile allows you to have simultaneous voice and data calls. But we are all in the same boat and for some network speed matters and I guess for some it is not a deal breaker. Honestly, for me, I can live with the slower network speeds until AT&T turns it on. What I have a problem with is that (I believe) no market is live yet. However I see commercial after commercial with AT&T touting 4G speeds. They are blatantly lying. Why the news does not jump on this like they jumped on Apple for Antenna Gate is beyond me. Now, I have better things to be truly mad at then someones cellular network but I can not understand why AT&T is able to get away with this. Can someone explain this to me?

dchandler

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I know for a fact that nationwide tmobile allows you to have simultaneous voice and data calls. But we are all in the same boat and for some network speed matters and I guess for some it is not a deal breaker. Honestly, for me, I can live with the slower network speeds until AT&T turns it on. What I have a problem with is that (I believe) no market is live yet. However I see commercial after commercial with AT&T touting 4G speeds. They are blatantly lying. Why the news does not jump on this like they jumped on Apple for Antenna Gate is beyond me. Now, I have better things to be truly mad at then someones cellular network but I can not understand why AT&T is able to get away with this. Can someone explain this to me?

Now I understand what you are saying, I do not agree with that but what they will say is its live in one market and thats all that matter, I dont agree with that but SPrint and the rest of the crew did it too when they first launched. I was listening to a tmobile commercial and all they kept saying is 4g this and 4G that and at the end of the commercial the man that talks real fast ( the part nobody listen too ) tells the truth. I found that funny but it is all MARKETING

Brademcee

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Now I understand what you are saying, I do not agree with that but what they will say is its live in one market and thats all that matter, I dont agree with that but SPrint and the rest of the crew did it too when they first launched. I was listening to a tmobile commercial and all they kept saying is 4g this and 4G that and at the end of the commercial the man that talks real fast ( the part nobody listen too ) tells the truth. I found that funny but it is all MARKETING

Funny enough i was watching tv and a Atrix commercial came on. At the end, there is about 7 secs with a disclaimer that was to small to read on my 60" led LCD tv (guess you need a larger tv) that says 4G is in limited areas and AT&T is backhauling their HSPA+ network with Limited nationwide expansion. Not available is most areas. Ha! Got to love those lawyers.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
How can you explain that everyone has low upload speeds ?

Im not saying that everyone doesnt. But some have quicker upload speeds then others in different areas. Hopefully that gets addressed when they deploy the backhaul for hspa+. Honestly for me, I dont do much uploading or downloading anything huge on my phone to really worry about that. And when I do, everything only takes a matter of seconds.

Cerberus2k7

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Funny enough i was watching tv and a Atrix commercial came on. At the end, there is about 7 secs with a disclaimer that was to small to read on my 60" led LCD tv (guess you need a larger tv) that says 4G is in limited areas and AT&T is backhauling their HSPA+ network with Limited nationwide expansion. Not available is most areas. Ha! Got to love those lawyers.

And how does that differ from VZw or Sprint?

Seanroid#AC

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
By definition, no carrier should be badging their networks as 4g. The ITU should have never given in to the carriers allowing them to claim their HSPA+, LTE, or WiMax networks are 4g. I would bet it will be at least another 5 years before we start seeing 100 meg mobile speeds.

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
By definition, no carrier should be badging their networks as 4g. The ITU should have never given in to the carriers allowing them to claim their HSPA+, LTE, or WiMax networks are 4g. I would bet it will be at least another 5 years before we start seeing 100 meg mobile speeds.

We have heard that argument five thousand times! WE GET IT! Shut up about it!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87