H+ Notification IS A LIE!!!

pathofthehero

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
For those of you who are getting pitiful connection speeds and are unsure if you are truly on what AT&T calls 'H+' you can confirm this

dial *#*#4636#*#*

on your phone, go to phone information, and look at 'Network Type'

My indicator says I am running HSDPA+ but in actuality, it is only regular HSDPA

God, i hate AT&T a bit more right now

False advertising

Edit: For all those complaining about how I should have expected better, well, my gripe isn't with the fact that I am stuck with HDSPA, but rather the false advertising. If I am running on HDSPA then show 'H'..don't show H+ just to appease us. Don't advertise 4G speeds and not give more information on which markets they are actually deployed in.

Last edited:

Cerberus2k7

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
AT&T is preloading on the backend to fully support HSDPA+. However it would be stupid for any carrier to attempt a cold cut over so yes, technically you do have HSDPA+ as far as your phone is concerned with the handshake. But until the Release 6 cert is pushed; you will be limited.

hotleadsingerguy

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
It's listed as HSDPA+ because it technically is, but the speed isn't set up yet because it's not a nationwide update. I've been hearing sometime in late March it'll go active. At that point they'll all jump up to a much more respectable speed (closer to 10Mb).

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
It's listed as HSDPA+ because it technically is, but the speed isn't set up yet because it's not a nationwide update. I've been hearing sometime in late March it'll go active. At that point they'll all jump up to a much more respectable speed (closer to 10Mb).

I hope so lol. Not that it really matters when im home im at wifi and at work i get about 2-3 mb download unless its bad i still get 1mb . Would love to see 10mb.

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
AT&T is preloading on the backend to fully support HSDPA+. However it would be stupid for any carrier to attempt a cold cut over so yes, technically you do have HSDPA+ as far as your phone is concerned with the handshake. But until the Release 6 cert is pushed; you will be limited.

This is the reason for the problems I am experiencing, this sucks!

dopestar

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
didn't this also happen when the evo came out? first 4g phone and everyone was ranting on how the speeds didn't par with wat was being advertised then bam Sprint slowly deployed an enhancement in their speeds by cities across the nation... I am not going to complain becuz they clearly say it will be released in certain areas but the thing I disagree with ATT is to give me decent 3g coverage that my other smartphones were capable of receiving.

Brademcee

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Um no. When Sprint launched the Evo and it showed 4G, I was pulling in over 6MB down on the low side and 12MB on the high side. I was also getting 1-2mb upload. Battery life sucked but it was still fast.

And tmobile with the whole MyTouch4G thing and claiming 4G, I was getting at least a consistent 4-8mb down. So in my book, AT&T is the only one that is flat out lying about their supposed 4G network. I cant blame them. They really never built out their network and have been riding the coat tales of the iPhone for the last 4 years, what else were they going to do when every other carrier at CES is showing next gen devices?

dchandler

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Im not understanding this at all, The same way Verizon, Sprint and Tmobile does not have 4G service in all area but advertise it on every commercial. Just because the phone says H+ does not mean they are lying, all that is saying is the phone is capable of it. The other carries said they had 3G for years but still can not do voice and data simultaneously, and thats one of the major parts of 3G. HSPA+/LTE is up and comming give it some time before you start slashing at their throats, It was just announced a month ago

Reactions: Terrigno

Cerberus2k7

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Im not understanding this at all, The same way Verizon, Sprint and Tmobile does not have 4G service in all area but advertise it on every commercial. Just because the phone says H+ does not mean they are lying, all that is saying is the phone is capable of it. The other carries said they had 3G for years but still can not do voice and data simultaneously, and thats one of the major parts of 3G. HSPA+/LTE is up and comming give it some time before you start slashing at their throats, It was just announced a month ago

Welcome to the mentality of the average consumer.

Brademcee

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

Dude no offense but you have no idea what you are talking about. Sure this whole 4G claim from every carrier is a lie but at least with every other network their is a speed difference on their 4G network. Sprints 4G network and tmobiles HSPA+ networks are considerably faster then a 3G network. I should know, I have owned devices on both networks and experienced faster speeds with these services. Furthermore, the argument can be made that Sprint and t-mobile do not have national rollout of their 4G and HSPA+ networks but a device has never shown connectivity to these networks when it did not exist like AT&T is doing with their devices. It is false advertising in the simplest terms.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Brademcee

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Oh and 3G has nothing to do with being able to simultaneously being able to do voice and data. You are just being suckered by AT&T to believing that 3G has anything to with that difference. That is a cdma difference. And hspa+ has been out for years. There is nothing really new to learn by the carriers like deploying a LTE network or Wimax.

Sheesh people do research before you make these claims.

dchandler

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Oh and 3G has nothing to do with being able to simultaneously being able to do voice and data. You are just being suckered by AT&T to believing that 3G has anything to with that difference. That is a cdma difference. And hspa+ has been out for years. There is nothing really new to learn by the carriers like deploying a LTE network or Wimax.

Sheesh people do research before you make these claims.

I have done my research and no that 2+2=4 but everywhere does not have 4G the same way Sprint was charging people who had the EVO an extra 10 bucks just to have the phone for 4G. or wimax whatever you want to call it. and do your research becaus evoice and data is a part of it. jsut like all of a sudden the Thunderbolt is going to be able to do voice and data.

but whatever dude stick to your story and maybe just maybe one day AT&T will care LMBO

Brademcee

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have done my research and no that 2+2=4 but everywhere does not have 4G the same way Sprint was charging people who had the EVO an extra 10 bucks just to have the phone for 4G. or wimax whatever you want to call it. and do your research becaus evoice and data is a part of it. jsut like all of a sudden the Thunderbolt is going to be able to do voice and data.

but whatever dude stick to your story and maybe just maybe one day AT&T will care LMBO

I do agree that AT&T does not care.

1BadHEMI

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Actually 3G has NOTHING to do with being able to use voice/data at the same time. The reason it works on AT&T, is they split voice into 1 spectrum and data into the other. T-Mobile does this as well, as long as you are in a 3G/4G area. I am sure with Verizon's LTE, its possible while there is LTE signal, if not, then voice or data only as before. Same with Sprint, you can use voice/data at the same time as long as your on a 4G network. CDMA has no way of splitting the spectrum like GSM does. AT&T was just 1st to utilize the tecnology. But I tell you what, go into a Edge area and try your luck at voice/data at the same time. See what happens...

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Every Network has quicker speeds in different areas. Theres no way that people from different parts of different states can say for a fact what is and whats not. Its gonna be different everywhere. When AT&T finally pulls the plug on the backhaul for the hspa+ network accross america, then it will finally resemble 4G like speeds. The plug hasnt been pulled yet.

zizo79

Banned
Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Every Network has quicker speeds in different areas. Theres no way that people from different parts of different states can say for a fact what is and whats not. Its gonna be different everywhere. When AT&T finally pulls the plug on the backhaul for the hspa+ network accross america, then it will finally resemble 4G like speeds. The plug hasnt been pulled yet.
How can you explain that everyone has low upload speeds ?