I am curious to know if anyone did sound quality comparison using Pandora? I am coming from iPhone 3G to Atrix. I have noticed that Pandora sound is degraded when running on Atrix (even after selecting run High Quality files in Pandora). Yet, when I play the same song on iphone it is crisp clear. Has anyone noticed? Or is just my phone? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks
    02-27-2011 11:25 PM
    Gotta say, Pandora is better on a 100 dollar logitech system...
    02-27-2011 11:26 PM
    I am curious to know if anyone did sound quality comparison using Pandora? I am coming from iPhone 3G to Atrix. I have noticed that Pandora sound is degraded when running on Atrix (even after selecting run High Quality files in Pandora). Yet, when I play the same song on iphone it is crisp clear. Has anyone noticed? Or is just my phone? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks
    Sounded the same to me coming from an iphone 4

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
    02-27-2011 11:49 PM
    This is more of an android 2.2 issue I think. Sound used to be perfect on android 2.1, at least on my Evo. Quality is definitely better on the iphone now.
    02-28-2011 12:53 AM
    Pandora has always been a piece of junk on Android for me honestly. The iPhone app is 100 times smoother and better functioning. It's never worked great on my N1 and it continues to work terribly on my Atrix. It's rather disappointing.
    02-28-2011 09:35 AM
    On the android version I cant seem to be able to see the progress bar of how much time their is left in the song.
    02-28-2011 09:51 AM
    Really? Wow. I've also moved from an iPhone 3G, and to me Pandora sounds a lot better on the Atrix (even without the high quality setting). However, I use a bluetooth headset, and the bluetooth on the 3G was pretty poor. Maybe that's why I've noticed a definite improvement in sound quality. My headphones are also made by Motorola (S9-HD) - maybe that's why I'm having good luck (Moto paired to Moto).
    02-28-2011 12:59 PM
    Sounded great on the Atrix, and could get it much louder on the speakerphone than on the iphone. The problem is unless you do it on Wifi or are grandfathered in switching from an unlimited data plan with the iphone you will rapidly pass the 2GB data pro limit.
    Yes it does get louder. But I am talking about clarity.. it almost feels like that I am listening to 48bit file vs 256 on iphone. I could be just my phone. I also played .mp3 file Atrix and compared the sound to iPhone, regretfully iPhone sounded more crisp and clear[slightly]. I am hoping it is just my phone not Atrix in general.
    02-28-2011 04:07 PM
    Considering the bitrate of the stream it's not going to sound "good" on either phone (or anything), but it's "good enough" eh?
    Sounds the same way on iPhone 4 and Atrix to me. I use them both. Pandora also sounds the same on other iPhones and iPod Touches.

As long as it makes a steady stream of music that's about all it's good for. Just like Sirius and XM and most MP3s. "good enough" but not Good.
    02-28-2011 07:11 PM