forced 3g

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
will the atrix function with a 3g data card?

i have an att 3g unlimited data (no voice) business account, plus an att voice account, no home service, using only the data card in a cradlepoint router at home via lan/wifi. i can upgrade the voice account and get the atrix, tho i'd like the 200mb data plan (cheap). i think i know i can wifi the atrix at home, but the details of my question are:

i want to put the 3g sim in the atrix for data heavy sessions on the unlimited plan, and put the atrix sim in my gsm phone (unlocked) for voice service.

will it work, or is there a lockout?

thanks!

p.s. once i post this, will att read this and kill the possibility? ;)

Last edited:

EJL1980

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
will the atrix function with a 3g data card?

i have an att 3g unlimited data (no voice) business account, plus an att voice account, no home service, using only the data card in a cradlepoint router at home via lan/wifi. i can upgrade the voice account and get the atrix, tho i'd like the 200mb data plan (cheap). i think i know i can wifi the atrix at home, but the details of my question are:

i want to put the 3g sim in the atrix for data heavy sessions on the unlimited plan, and put the atrix sim in my gsm phone (unlocked) for voice service.

will it work, or is there a lockout?

thanks!

p.s. once i post this, will att read this and kill the possibility? ;)

I'm using my old SIM card in the phone. It works fine. There is no 4G sim card for AT&T yet. The one that came with the Atrix had no 3 or 4 G branding whatsoever.

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
if it makes a difference, the sim has the cingular logo with 3g fireball logo on it

Last edited: