Screen responsiveness when typing in landscape

WilliamC

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently having an issue where if the phone is doing any other task and I try to type in landscape it stops recognizing my inputs for a few seconds and then starts again... almost like a lag.

I've been able to recreate the issue every time without fail. I've tried having pandora run in the background and then tried to type an e-mail and a text and both gave me the same issue while in landscape mode. I'm type and randomly it stops recognizing the input then it starts up again. It lasts long enough for me to actually press a key several times and see nothing happen. I'd say it lasts about 5-8 seconds before it comes back, sometimes a bit more. I've tried just having the some music playing with the music app and same thing. I've even tried it while apps are updating from the market in the background and the same thing happens.
Is anyone else having this issue?

I've tried restarting the phone, pulling the battery, swapping sim cards with my iphone and nothing fixes it.

stevehsteveh

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
It has been reported by Phone Dog in their video review of the Atrix. Exactly the problem that you have described, on a new clean phone, although I do not think I have experienced this with either the multitouch or Swype.

Reactions: WilliamC

bigdee33

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I had this same problem until I realized my fingers/thumbs were accidentally touching the capacitive touch buttons on the bezel. Ive had no further problems since correcting my hand position.

WilliamC

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I thought that at first, so I kept an eye and made it a point to hold the phone on the opposite side. I never came close to the the capacitive touch buttons and it just stopped responding. I was literally tapping the a key for a solid 8 seconds before it even registered it once.

I don't think my issue is the same as the phonedog one. His was more to do with lag where it was just slow to catch it.... mine doesn't catch it all. When the issue occurs it's like if you aren't doing anything with the phone.

EDIT: This only happens in landscape mode, if I am not in landscape then everything is fine.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol