Klipsch Image S4i headphones work on Atrix?

bayskipper

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I purchased the Klipsch Image S4i headphones for use with my iPhone 3GS and from what I have read the mic and center button will work with the Atrix. I tried to insert the jack through my Otterbox, then chickened-out when it seemed to need forcing.

Anyone try these with an Atrix or can you recommend something similar with a mic?

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I purchased the Klipsch Image S4i headphones for use with my iPhone 3GS and from what I have read the mic and center button will work with the Atrix. I tried to insert the jack through my Otterbox, then chickened-out when it seemed to need forcing.

Anyone try these with an Atrix or can you recommend something similar with a mic?

My apple mic doesn't work with my atrix.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
There is a "latch" (for lack of a better term) in the headphone jack to better prevent the headphones from pulling out. That is probably the force you felt...but try it without the case on it so you can see better what is going on.

I've tried two sets of headphones with controls built in (Dre Beats and a cheap pair) and both of them activate vlingo or call the previous number dialed. Even the slightest swipe across the mic would cause vlingo to activate. I was upset to say the least, but at least the Beats come with an extra cord that doesn't have the controls built in.

Good Luck...I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see what comes of this.

DaSpitter

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my bose headset....from what I have deduced...it's all in the fact that they are Microphone headsets...which means on the 3.5inch jack there is another black ring...towards the base that never gets inside the jack and hence no voice input...****ty design...

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my bose headset....from what I have deduced...it's all in the fact that they are Microphone headsets...which means on the 3.5inch jack there is another black ring...towards the base that never gets inside the jack and hence no voice input...****ty design...

I think you are, but really hope you aren't, right! How could they wire a device to not work with handsfree? I understand that many/most people use bluetooth, but its awful nice to be able to listen to my music through a nice set of headphones and answer a call when it comes through...and use the controls of the headset to change songs, play/pause.

I really hope this is a software issue and not hardware. The specs just list it as a headset jack and I'm not exactly sure what that means.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz