returned the atrix because of data speed! happy now!

danielkogan

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I loved the atrix so don't hate! Couldn't stand network speeds so returned it today for the nexus s, wowy Totally happy. Super fast, pure Android and fast data. Will miss finger print rreader and moto blur, I know odd but it wasn't so bad.

MythrilFork

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Will miss Motoblur? WTF? Seriously? No /sarcasm?
A shame it came down to that. Perhaps I am the only one that doesn't find the internet speeds a big deal? The only data heavy thing I use on the phone is youtube, and it seems plenty fast for that.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I loved the atrix so don't hate! Couldn't stand network speeds so returned it today for the nexus s, wowy Totally happy. Super fast, pure Android and fast data. Will miss finger print rreader and moto blur, I know odd but it wasn't so bad.

So you went to T-Mo? Or are you putting up with Edge speeds with the N-S on AT&T?

mgymnop

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I had a Nexus S for two weeks and I am glad that I have my Atrix. Gingerbread was buggy as hell and the phone felt cheap and I cannot stand SAMOLED. I had dropped data connections and it had a swipe lag on the home screens. T-mobil can be faster if you live in the right area. In San Diego where I live it was crap. Most of the time I was on EDGE. The only phone that I liked as much as the Atrix was the MT4G. Great phone.

danielkogan

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Yea, using t-mobile and getting 5mbps down compared to .5 with ATT. I haven't experienced any bugs with 2.3, so far so good. I will miss the Atrix, great phone! And yes, for some reason I really enjoyed Moto Blur... I find it strange myself that I enjoyed it. Some of the widgets are pretty cool that I will miss on the Nexus S.

I don't feel that the Nexus feels cheap... I phone hop every 6 months and this is the first phone my wife is jealous of! Even my mom was showing it off, couldn't believe how hot it was! Anyway, what's the difference since 99% of people use phone covers. You can't see the actual phone anyway. Find it funny that people even care. All I care about is a slim phone.

I had high hopes. Had the Atrix with Xoom - Motorola power house! Now it's the Xoom with Nexus, still not bad. At the end of the day the data speed made me change and how good it feels to finally load Engadget and this forum with no delay!

Reactions: dopestar

opec

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting roughly 3mb down, and .16 up in orange county. I'm using the speedtest.net app with the san diego server. If I use the Los Angeles server, the speed is 1/4. Just a note, because those are two completely different results.

Freakish Gnome

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I load most webpages in like 5 seconds, 10 tops if they're image heavy. Do you really need your data network to be faster than that? Im not downloading movies or playing COD on this thing. Sure it'd be nice but I can deal with 5 mbps on my phone. If I need stupid fast wifi works fine for that

anon(41845)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I love my Atrix, but did return the laptop dock and dropped my contract back to the $25/month data plan. The laptop dock was a cool idea but not worth the money that AT&T was charging.

So glad to be done with blackberry.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Good luck man. I can't take T-Mobile anymore. There are 3 spots within a mile of my house that drop calls so often that me any my wife don't even discuss it anymore, we just call back after a few seconds and continue the conversation like it didn't happen.

someguy

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
You my friend are a supreme idiot. You traded the much better phone for the most overrated feature upload speeds, which by the way the Atrix will have much improved upload speeds in the next few weeks. Good luck with your single core soon to be antiquated Samsung crap phone lol.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
It's not strange, MotoBlur is actually something I liked on the Atrix. I do however have ADW EX Launcher on there now and like it more, but unlike everyone else, I had no issues with Blur. Didn't slow me down one bit.

danielkogan

May 19, 2010
Visit site
You my friend are a supreme idiot. You traded the much better phone for the most overrated feature upload speeds, which by the way the Atrix will have much improved upload speeds in the next few weeks. Good luck with your single core soon to be antiquated Samsung crap phone lol.

Thanks for the insult... I wonder if in person you would say the same thing.

Anyway, I didn't care about upload speeds, just download. And BTW, a much better phone is a phone that can take advantage of the great hardware it was gifted. Unfortunately the speed and the duel core on the Atrix are a few good months away from actually being able to live up to their maximum capabilities. For now I'll enjoy the Nexus S that runs on all cylinders and later, if the Atrix starts showing its true horsepower, I can switch again. Not a big deal since I buy my phones outright without contracts.