View Poll Results: What antivirus software are you using?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • AVG Anti-Virus (Free or Pro)

21 20.59%
  • Lookout Mobile Security

52 50.98%
  • Norton Mobile Security

2 1.96%
  • Kaspersky

2 1.96%
  • Other

25 24.51%
10-04-2011 03:57 PM
41 12
tools
    None, my Atrix isn't a PC.
    lonestarranger likes this.
    04-04-2011 05:42 PM
    None, my Atrix isn't a PC.
    What he said.
    04-04-2011 11:52 PM
    If you can't imagine not using Antivirus then I assume your chosen AV program has caught many viruses and really saved you?
    04-05-2011 10:58 PM
    If you can't imagine not using Antivirus then I assume your chosen AV program has caught many viruses and really saved you?
    Nope, hasn't saved me even once to my knowledge! But, like I stated in my OP there were several articles stating that this year "could" be the year of mobile virus attacks and we've already seen it with the apps that were already taken down from the app store.

With the ever increasing bit.ly, goo.gl, tinyurl, etc and some of these already directing people to malicious websites, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I know I'm not the first one to "blindly" click a bit.ly link in a text from a friend?!?! All it's gonna take is that one click and yes, I will be thankful for having installed my antivirus software. If it never happens and my AV never really saves me, what have I lost?!?!

Personally, I'd rather wear a condom than pay for an abortion.
    04-06-2011 01:11 AM
    Using lookout as well. Worked out well so far and it doesn't require that much battery use...
    04-07-2011 11:18 AM
    Trying out AVG now. I am testing the free version and may upgrade to paid if the service warrants it. I will write back after testing for a few days.
    04-09-2011 12:47 PM
    Ended up buying avg pro. Best I've used so far.

Sent from my Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk.
    04-09-2011 10:24 PM
    If you decide not to go with Lookout. It is very difficult to remove from the phone because it takes over as an administrator on the phone. My phone seems to run slower with Lookout. I bought the AVS package because the PC package is a very good package. To get Lookout off my phone I had to get on the phone with ATT and Motorola.

Good luck with Lookout because I found it to be a buggy package.
    04-10-2011 07:32 PM
    If you decide not to go with Lookout. It is very difficult to remove from the phone because it takes over as an administrator on the phone. My phone seems to run slower with Lookout. I bought the AVS package because the PC package is a very good package. To get Lookout off my phone I had to get on the phone with ATT and Motorola.

Good luck with Lookout because I found it to be a buggy package.
    Did you get rid of Lookout? If not, Try the following:

Settings> Location & Security>Device Administrators> Uncheck Lookout

****Then try to uninstall.
    04-11-2011 12:43 PM
    I am getting a Toshiba Thrive Tab, just wondering if the Kaspersky that comes on it, is a good anti virus. this is my first tablet and not familiar with android apps and how to know which ones are safe to download.
    Any help, appreciated.
    07-15-2011 09:28 AM
    Do you really need a antivirus on a phone?
    Just wondering
    07-15-2011 10:15 AM
    I use Lookout. It has the nice remote wipeout feature if you lose your phone.
    07-15-2011 12:01 PM
    none for me,by the time any of them programs find a virus, google already took care of it.been with android since the beginning and never had a problem either.
    07-17-2011 08:37 PM
    Do people who do not root their phone need to have anti-virus software?
    07-19-2011 12:57 PM
    I used to have Lookout on my Epic and got it when I first picked up my Atrix but I have since switched to Webroot and it seems to me like it is less of a resource hog.

It does the typical app scans etc, but it also has a remote lock in the free version, remote scream if lost command, as well as SMS and call blocking and web browser filtering for malicious websites.
    07-23-2011 08:55 PM
    I use Zoner Antivirus. Its good and simple, it can even track your lost or stolen phone
    10-04-2011 03:57 PM
41 12