Handcent MMS

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I don't know, but I can say that it doesn't work on WiFi for me. I have to turn off WiFi every time I need to download an MMS message. Very frustrating.

aussieindy#AC

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I had wifi on as well. If that's a function of Handcent, then cya. I've removed it, and am trying GoSMS now. We'll see if they have the same issue.

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Definitely not ideal. I wrote to the dev and asked about the wifi issue. I guess we'll see if they write back and explain. Otherwise I'm really happy with Handcent.

aussieindy#AC

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
So far GoSMS is better for me. I had my wife resend the same 32kb pic of our son. It hit almost immediately. I too liked Handcent, and GoSMS is VERY similar, but if it loads the pics faster, well then............

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Hmm...I'm going to have to remember to test this with my friend when she comes around again. I'll ask her to send me an MMS and if it's super slow (for just something tiny like 32kb) then I might make the switch as well ... although I've customized Handcent so much :\

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Go SMS is better to me. My friend told me to try Handcent but I didn't think it was as clean as Go. You can customize pretty much all your settings like you can in Handcent.

Fountainhead

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Handcent works OK for me, but one glaring issue is for me is the app will pop up in notifications and say X number of unread SMS messages, and all of them are already read, and usually a few days old. I then select "mark all read" and then a few hours later the same message.

Anyone see this behavior?

IMjBI

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Handcent works OK for me, but one glaring issue is for me is the app will pop up in notifications and say X number of unread SMS messages, and all of them are already read, and usually a few days old. I then select "mark all read" and then a few hours later the same message.

Anyone see this behavior?

I had that happen a few time especially on a reboot it'll say I have unread messages when I don't.

I just switched to GoSMS and have been liking it better than Hancent. It has a better looking UI and a lot of the same if not more options than Handcent. I am still going to give it a few more days for me to make up my mind....so far I am leaning towards GoSMS. The one thing I wish GoSMS had was the Emoji plug-in.

JusticeCalibur

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
im using GOsms and the MMS thing does happen to me where it wont download an MMS file on wifi. i had 3 friends send me MMS and i would have to disable wifi to get it.

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
im using GOsms and the MMS thing does happen to me where it wont download an MMS file on wifi. i had 3 friends send me MMS and i would have to disable wifi to get it.

Ok, well that settles it for me then. I'll just stick with Handcent. I use the emoji smilies a lot since my GF has the iPhone. Oh well, thanks for passing on the info re: GOsms and wifi.

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I tried GoSMS and didn't seem to like it anymore then the stock messaging app. Maybe I didn't spend enough time with it but the only option that seemed like any "improvement" was the ability to change themes which seemed too agressive for me anyway. Am I missing something?

dopestar

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
MMS download on this phone sucks! i tested default messaging app, gosms and handcent... upon receiving a pic message it does not download and takes forever to download on all apps... even on wifi and 3g network..in order for you to view the pic msg you have to reboot your phone.. THIS IS pathetic for a basic smartphone feature not to work.. i am pretty much ready to return this phone.. I love the android os but it just doesnt seem stable enough and i think its due all these manufacturers that dont take the time to test the os onto their phones. Although I dont care for apple but from experience they do have a more stable oS and commit to their products. anyone else feel the same?

sorry for the rant but being that i paid full price for this phone and for it having a buggy OS, basic feature not functioning, crappy signal thats always on EDGE.. can be frustrating

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC