Go back to Vlingo

iJITSU

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I think you can go into settings/applications/Manage Applications/All and find either Voice Commands or Voice Search or both and clear the defaults. You should then have the option of using Vlingo when you try again.

iJITSU

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Hmm. Well, on the multi-touch keyboard you can change by opening a text message, selecting and holding the 123 button, selecting multi-touch keyboard settings, then selecting Vlingo in the Preferred dictation engine settings. Not sure on voice search.

aussieindy#AC

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
There are actually two different areas that i changed. Defaults should be cleared before you do below.

First, Voice Search. Menu/Settings/Voice Input&Output/Voice Recognizer then select Google or Vlingo. This will set which one you want to use when pressing the magnifying glass on bottom right.

Second. Settings/Language and Keyboard/Input Method
Here, you can select Swype, Multi-Touch, Vlingo
I personally have it set on Multi-Touch. The Vlingo keyboard is too small for my fat fingers.

Lastly, go into your SMS app(GoSMS for me) and do as the poster above says. Long press the 123 then select Multi-Touch keyboard settings. Select Preferred dictation engine and choose Google or Vlingo.

So now I have Vlingo for my SMS app, and Google for Voice Search.

Reactions: jess.hickey

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
There are actually two different areas that i changed. Defaults should be cleared before you do below.

First, Voice Search. Menu/Settings/Voice Input&Output/Voice Recognizer then select Google or Vlingo. This will set which one you want to use when pressing the magnifying glass on bottom right.

Second. Settings/Language and Keyboard/Input Method
Here, you can select Swype, Multi-Touch, Vlingo
I personally have it set on Multi-Touch. The Vlingo keyboard is too small for my fat fingers.

Lastly, go into your SMS app(GoSMS for me) and do as the poster above says. Long press the 123 then select Multi-Touch keyboard settings. Select Preferred dictation engine and choose Google or Vlingo.

So now I have Vlingo for my SMS app, and Google for Voice Search.

Out of curiosity, is there a reason you are using Vlingo for sms only and Google for Voice search only? Why not use one for both?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol