Motoblur account? Yes or No?

Setesh

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I would love a Vanilla Android handset but the problem is Im on ATT and T-mobile Has the Nexus S :( and unlocking it wouldnt be an option for me. But I know what you mean.

You can buy a Nexus S unlocked at Best Buy. Only problem is, it doesn't have AT&T's bands for 3G service, so you'd be stuck with EDGE. That is the reason I bought the Atrix instead, if not for that, I'd have a Nexus S.

Reactions: kid108

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I like MotoBlur and haven't had any issues with it. I did start using ADW EX Launcher as I seem to like it a little more than Blur or Launcher. It also seems a tad bit faster than the two.

Some hate Blur and haven't really messed with it on the Atrix.

Reactions: kid108

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
The main problem I have with MotoBlur (and other manufacturer specific addons like HTC Sense) is the resulting delay in updates. A vanilla Android handset like Nexus One or S gets OS updates first, in no small part because the code doesn't have to go through the manufacturer of the phone for additional modification.
Not nessesrly , Both the Droid & the MileStone have vanilla Android , the Droid got Fro-Yo last year , while the Milestone just started to get it

kid108

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Not nessesrly , Both the Droid & the MileStone have vanilla Android , the Droid got Fro-Yo last year , while the Milestone just started to get it

I Think the difference is that the Milestone and the Droid are bound by the carriers. In the other hand the Nexus 1 and Nexus S are developer devices which have no bloat wear and have no correlation with the carrier. Imo.