Video chatting is about to get better!

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
We have Qik and Tango working well on the Atrix. Now Fring is about to join the gang. From what I have herd, a lot more people are satisfied with Frings application compared to Tangos. I believe Android to Iphone is availible on Tango and Fring. This could be a better set up then Tango. But Tango actually does a pretty decent job. I just hope the expierence gets better. What do you guys think? ;)

filmusikat

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Yayea---to phone to phone video chatting! What about computer-phone? I went with my mom for an upgrade on her phone...(she picked up a Samsung Focus--what an awesome screen that thing has?! but that's another story) ...anyhow...there was a guy there purchasing the Atrix and his reason was he wanted to chat with his family who are in another country through Skype...but sadly, Skype doesn't even allow video calls for the Android, right? I didn't get to tell him that and he left...I wonder if he is returning the phone...hmm....Skype is probably the best computer to computer video chat program out there...hope it becomes available for cellphones as well. RIIIIGHT!?

BrianTufo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy we have something but I wish Skype would get their act together and give us video as it is by far the most used/universal client!

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Your right Brian. I have never actually used Skype myself but I hear people talk about it all the time. They dont ever talk about Tango or Fring. They say Skype this and Skype that. Do you have Skype? So when and If Skype makes this possible, Im jumping on the bandwagon. And thats gonna be a first. I never followed the iphone bandwagon lol

BrianTufo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Your right Brian. I have never actually used Skype myself but I hear people talk about it all the time. They dont ever talk about Tango or Fring. They say Skype this and Skype that. Do you have Skype? So when and If Skype makes this possible, Im jumping on the bandwagon. And thats gonna be a first. I never followed the iphone bandwagon lol

haha I hear ya there except I was part of the iPhone bandwagon. I don't video chat much but when I do it's Skype with my family back in Houston as I'm in the military so Skype allows them to see my daughter and me of course haha. Skype would be huge just because of the phone to computer aspect and everyone and their mom uses/has it also. One day along with Netflix we will be hooked up....hopefully sooner rather than later.

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so has anyone downloaded the new Qik that was listed on the AC home page? It does work with the Qik for iPhone, but what's crazy is that your image is upside down. You have to your phone upside down to video chat. I mean, it works, but not as well as Tango.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams