facebook notifications not appearing...help?

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone I have a question about the facebook notifications for the Atrix.The phone notifies me that I recieve E-mail and text messages fine.It also sounds when I get messages on facebook chat, but it doesnt notify me when someone posts on my wall or comments on my status.
Is there a way to set it up so that it notifies me when this happens?Im sure there is something I may have missed since my old BBerry used to notify me about that.
I have the facebook App installed but cant find where to set it to have new comments appear on my notification bar.can anyone help?

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Go to the main screen on Facebook app, press the settings button(far left button on the bottom of your screen), press settings, and that brings you where you can set up notifications for that app.

Last edited:

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I know hoe to get there.I have noticed that alot of people who got the new facebook app also have this issue with push notifications not showing up.Even though they are set up right they dont show up.I'm guessing a fix for that isnt out yet.I went and cleared the caches and all but still same thing.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah its a Facebook issue right now. It used to work fine a couple releases back.

sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G using Tapatalk

nightowl81ok

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to add that I am having the same problem. I have the notifications turned on but they just don't seem to be coming through. I wasn't sure if it was bc I was also using the motorblur widget and somehow it was complicating things

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Yea other android users I asked also told me that even two people using the app on windows mobile.I hope that this gets fixed soon at least.Im just glad its not my phone having this issue.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Facebook for Android app hasn't worked good at all since day one. I wonder when Facebook is going to address this issue?

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
hey I just came from the original storm.....its not garbage its just...wel...old and not really a smart phone but its ok lol

terrrrrible

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been getting random alerts here and there lately. Friend requests and event invites have been coming through without a problem seemingly, but today I was getting a notification when I was poked, and a BLUE light? When I opened the facebook app though, there was no notification about being poked.

Reventrant

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I've started getting Facebook notifications as of this evening. Phone would vibrate like an SMS came in and in the notification bar there is a Facebook icon.

DCad

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Interestingly, I did receive a notification this morning of someone responding to a post I made. Perhaps things are starting to look up...

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Oh lucky you...Im only getting a notification from facebook chat,but not when people leave comments or anything like that.I gues I'll give it some more time and see how it plays out.

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
For those who are still having facebook notification issues. You get around that issue by using tweetdeck or seesmic or any apps that has facebook support.

Sent by my droid

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting facebook notifications now but its kind of 50/50.They work well part of the day then no too well at some times but at least they're starting to come through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae