Is this a defect?

opec

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes, when I am using 3g, and browsing or something, the data connection, all of a sudden, becomes a slow trickle. Sometimes, it completely disconnects from the data network, and i get "no data network" errors. My signal is still very good (actually, i'm not moving when this happens), but the speeds just become horrible. So i restart my phone, and it fixes the problem. Is this a problem with my phone, or the data network itself? This happens about once a day.

idrumgood

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
See Here

Myself and others are having similar issues. I've had the phone since launch day, and it only started happening the past couple days for me. Haven't seen it today so far *knock knock*

CaelanT

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Happening to me also every day. I check frequently from different locations. Also, from the same spot, I range from 2.6mbps down/.33mbps up to .6mbps down/.26mbps up. The only constant is that the upload speed stays close to .3mbps.

I am rooted, and have done the same tests while using my laptop through my Atrix WiFi Hotspot, and the speeds are the same, and just as erratic.

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
True but thats makes no sense them slowing it down.So many people are complaining about it.I for one also am complaining because this isnt 4G its more like a glorified 2G......