Moto & ATT is updating Atrix!!!

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
thanks! cool!

I never did join their moto owners forum. But good to know that they are testing the pre-release before it goes official.

I HOPE it is gingerbread...........but I got a feeling it'll just be 2.2.2 or something like that.

Last edited:

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I bet it will add support for the Amazon app store, and updating flash to 10.2 in the webtop software, but I'm hoping for HSUPA support and more.

Last edited:

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd just hope for small bug fixes....such as the terrible bug in the moto keyboard where when you type a symbol it deletes your space and places it right after the letters you last typed. "I have $30" turns into "I have$ 30". Also other bug fixes would be nice...like the fingerprint scanner, when waking the phone (lighting the screen), saying "Initializing scanner..." on the screen for forever, never going away, and the fingerprint scanner being useless until later on in the day. That one's getting quite irritating.

edit: Or how about, if it's software-related, fixing this signal issue (or the call quality issue 90% of users are experiencing, thankfully not me)

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd just hope for small bug fixes....such as the terrible bug in the moto keyboard where when you type a symbol it deletes your space and places it right after the letters you last typed. "I have $30" turns into "I have$ 30". Also other bug fixes would be nice...like the fingerprint scanner, when waking the phone (lighting the screen), saying "Initializing scanner..." on the screen for forever, never going away, and the fingerprint scanner being useless until later on in the day. That one's getting quite irritating.

edit: Or how about, if it's software-related, fixing this signal issue (or the call quality issue 90% of users are experiencing, thankfully not me)

can't say I've had any of those issues you listed, but for the keyboard, couldn't you just get another one and use it?

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
can't say I've had any of those issues you listed, but for the keyboard, couldn't you just get another one and use it?

Yeah, I am. :) Beauty of this OS, isn't it? But, when reading through this thread, people are talking about 1080p and HSUPA (or whatever the acronym is), etc...and I'm thinking, "Okay, cool, but how about fixing all the bugs first before adding new features?" lol. You're definitely right about the keyboard though, that was my solution too. But, technically, we shouldn't have to even do that, as there shouldn't be that glaringly obvious bug in the software of the keyboard in the first place, you know? But anyway...

The big thing for me right now is that fingerprint scanner not working after waking the phone up. I've read here that other people have the same problem, but it's getting worse for me (happening more frequently) now, over the past 2 or 3 days. I'm thinking I'm going to reset the scanner, but technically that shouldn't even fix anything, because resetting my print is just that, resetting my print to scan...how would that do anything to help the scanner to quit locking up on "Initializing scanner..." and not letting me scan my finger to unlock my phone?

arwaldon4

May 22, 2010
Visit site
yeah ive had issue with the keyboard, but in laggin/freezing. ill tap a letter and it will act as if it were a long press. quite annoying. my only gripe is the lag but i mean thats cause the os isnt optimized for dual core use as yet. lets hope this is a step in the right direction.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I am. :) Beauty of this OS, isn't it? But, when reading through this thread, people are talking about 1080p and HSUPA (or whatever the acronym is), etc...and I'm thinking, "Okay, cool, but how about fixing all the bugs first before adding new features?" lol. You're definitely right about the keyboard though, that was my solution too. But, technically, we shouldn't have to even do that, as there shouldn't be that glaringly obvious bug in the software of the keyboard in the first place, you know? But anyway...

The big thing for me right now is that fingerprint scanner not working after waking the phone up. I've read here that other people have the same problem, but it's getting worse for me (happening more frequently) now, over the past 2 or 3 days. I'm thinking I'm going to reset the scanner, but technically that shouldn't even fix anything, because resetting my print is just that, resetting my print to scan...how would that do anything to help the scanner to quit locking up on "Initializing scanner..." and not letting me scan my finger to unlock my phone?

1080p and HSUPA are promised features, not new ones. AT&T has said these will be added through an update.

Sorry I can't help with the fingerprint scanner problem.

Freakish Gnome

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I dont want an OS update unless it's dual core optimized. Give me some real 4G first.

All these other problems people are listing aren't really happening to me. Just a slow data network holding this baby back.

BrianTufo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Mark from that post has said it will NOT be gingerbread as its an update not an upgrade. Also sadly enough he said no changes in locked bootloader....not that we didn't know that anyways.

I think it's going to address voice quality issues people have been having and other small bug fixes. Probably nothing good enough to lose root over.

DCad

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

Heh. I hate that symbol glitch, too. Thought I was the only one that might notice that. :eek:

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
What they should fix is the OEM Keyboard. Make the letters fatter. There to skinny. Other keyboards are fine to install, but none of them are as fast as the Atrix Keyboard I have noticed. I got the Gingerbread Keyboard and SmartKeyboard Pro but they lock up at times.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Haven't experienced any of the problems stated above. No lagginess, no problems with biometric scanner and especially no problems with keyboard..... love the battery life too... so i guees i am a happy consumer :)

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Heh. I hate that symbol glitch, too. Thought I was the only one that might notice that. :eek:

Nope, you're definitely not the only one. I've since switched back to swype to try and get good at it but, still, I'm too slow for my liking. And I haven't updated to the new swype yet because I haven't rooted yet; I wonder how much better it really is, especially if it's just a beta..

To everyone about the fingerprint scanner issue, it doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it is one of the most irritating issues I've faced with the atrix. But if you wait an hour or so it magically calms down and fixes itself. Perhaps a better way of saying it is, maybe the scanner is lagging? Sitting at "Initializing scanner..." on the lockscreen could mean it's just locked up/frozen or lagged, right?

edit: Though I never experience any lag anywhere else with the phone, even switching though homescreens or on keyboards like others have mentioned.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae