03-28-2011 05:44 PM
55 123
tools
    This just in over at the Motorola support site.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/m...347519#347519:)
    Jonneh likes this.
    03-23-2011 06:51 PM
    thanks! cool!

I never did join their moto owners forum. But good to know that they are testing the pre-release before it goes official.

I HOPE it is gingerbread...........but I got a feeling it'll just be 2.2.2 or something like that.
    03-23-2011 07:09 PM
    I signed up. If this is Gingerbread, I def wanna be a part of this!
    03-23-2011 08:07 PM
    Thanks for posting that link. I also signed up to. I bet this is the 1080p update.
    03-23-2011 08:25 PM
    What the heck, I signed up too.

and LOL Terringo your signature is hilarious! Any truth to that haha?
    03-23-2011 08:28 PM
    What the heck, I signed up too.

and LOL Terringo your signature is hilarious! Any truth to that haha?
    hahah I think Im gonna add a word in there. Makes the Ladies Kitties Purr LOL. Is there truth in it? As of right now, sadly no lol
    03-23-2011 08:35 PM
    I bet it will add support for the Amazon app store, and updating flash to 10.2 in the webtop software, but I'm hoping for HSUPA support and more.
    03-23-2011 08:56 PM
    I have heard these update stories from ATT too much! They usually never come through.
    03-23-2011 09:03 PM
    I'd just hope for small bug fixes....such as the terrible bug in the moto keyboard where when you type a symbol it deletes your space and places it right after the letters you last typed. "I have $30" turns into "I have$ 30". Also other bug fixes would be nice...like the fingerprint scanner, when waking the phone (lighting the screen), saying "Initializing scanner..." on the screen for forever, never going away, and the fingerprint scanner being useless until later on in the day. That one's getting quite irritating.

edit: Or how about, if it's software-related, fixing this signal issue (or the call quality issue 90% of users are experiencing, thankfully not me)
    03-23-2011 09:17 PM
    I'd just hope for small bug fixes....such as the terrible bug in the moto keyboard where when you type a symbol it deletes your space and places it right after the letters you last typed. "I have $30" turns into "I have$ 30". Also other bug fixes would be nice...like the fingerprint scanner, when waking the phone (lighting the screen), saying "Initializing scanner..." on the screen for forever, never going away, and the fingerprint scanner being useless until later on in the day. That one's getting quite irritating.

edit: Or how about, if it's software-related, fixing this signal issue (or the call quality issue 90% of users are experiencing, thankfully not me)
    can't say I've had any of those issues you listed, but for the keyboard, couldn't you just get another one and use it?
    03-23-2011 09:25 PM
    can't say I've had any of those issues you listed, but for the keyboard, couldn't you just get another one and use it?
    Yeah, I am. Beauty of this OS, isn't it? But, when reading through this thread, people are talking about 1080p and HSUPA (or whatever the acronym is), etc...and I'm thinking, "Okay, cool, but how about fixing all the bugs first before adding new features?" lol. You're definitely right about the keyboard though, that was my solution too. But, technically, we shouldn't have to even do that, as there shouldn't be that glaringly obvious bug in the software of the keyboard in the first place, you know? But anyway...

The big thing for me right now is that fingerprint scanner not working after waking the phone up. I've read here that other people have the same problem, but it's getting worse for me (happening more frequently) now, over the past 2 or 3 days. I'm thinking I'm going to reset the scanner, but technically that shouldn't even fix anything, because resetting my print is just that, resetting my print to scan...how would that do anything to help the scanner to quit locking up on "Initializing scanner..." and not letting me scan my finger to unlock my phone?
    03-23-2011 09:30 PM
    yeah ive had issue with the keyboard, but in laggin/freezing. ill tap a letter and it will act as if it were a long press. quite annoying. my only gripe is the lag but i mean thats cause the os isnt optimized for dual core use as yet. lets hope this is a step in the right direction.
    03-23-2011 09:34 PM
    Yeah, I am. Beauty of this OS, isn't it? But, when reading through this thread, people are talking about 1080p and HSUPA (or whatever the acronym is), etc...and I'm thinking, "Okay, cool, but how about fixing all the bugs first before adding new features?" lol. You're definitely right about the keyboard though, that was my solution too. But, technically, we shouldn't have to even do that, as there shouldn't be that glaringly obvious bug in the software of the keyboard in the first place, you know? But anyway...

The big thing for me right now is that fingerprint scanner not working after waking the phone up. I've read here that other people have the same problem, but it's getting worse for me (happening more frequently) now, over the past 2 or 3 days. I'm thinking I'm going to reset the scanner, but technically that shouldn't even fix anything, because resetting my print is just that, resetting my print to scan...how would that do anything to help the scanner to quit locking up on "Initializing scanner..." and not letting me scan my finger to unlock my phone?
    1080p and HSUPA are promised features, not new ones. AT&T has said these will be added through an update.

Sorry I can't help with the fingerprint scanner problem.
    03-23-2011 09:36 PM
    I dont want an OS update unless it's dual core optimized. Give me some real 4G first.

All these other problems people are listing aren't really happening to me. Just a slow data network holding this baby back.
    03-24-2011 12:37 AM
    Mark from that post has said it will NOT be gingerbread as its an update not an upgrade. Also sadly enough he said no changes in locked bootloader....not that we didn't know that anyways.

I think it's going to address voice quality issues people have been having and other small bug fixes. Probably nothing good enough to lose root over.
    03-24-2011 12:52 AM

Heh. I hate that symbol glitch, too. Thought I was the only one that might notice that. :o
    03-24-2011 07:30 AM
    I dont want an OS update unless it's dual core optimized. Give me some real 4G first.

All these other problems people are listing aren't really happening to me. Just a slow data network holding this baby back.
    Your problem isn't the atrix. Its att.
    03-24-2011 07:44 AM
    What they should fix is the OEM Keyboard. Make the letters fatter. There to skinny. Other keyboards are fine to install, but none of them are as fast as the Atrix Keyboard I have noticed. I got the Gingerbread Keyboard and SmartKeyboard Pro but they lock up at times.
    03-24-2011 07:51 AM
    Haven't experienced any of the problems stated above. No lagginess, no problems with biometric scanner and especially no problems with keyboard..... love the battery life too... so i guees i am a happy consumer
    03-24-2011 08:17 AM
    Heh. I hate that symbol glitch, too. Thought I was the only one that might notice that. :o
    Nope, you're definitely not the only one. I've since switched back to swype to try and get good at it but, still, I'm too slow for my liking. And I haven't updated to the new swype yet because I haven't rooted yet; I wonder how much better it really is, especially if it's just a beta..

To everyone about the fingerprint scanner issue, it doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it is one of the most irritating issues I've faced with the atrix. But if you wait an hour or so it magically calms down and fixes itself. Perhaps a better way of saying it is, maybe the scanner is lagging? Sitting at "Initializing scanner..." on the lockscreen could mean it's just locked up/frozen or lagged, right?

edit: Though I never experience any lag anywhere else with the phone, even switching though homescreens or on keyboards like others have mentioned.
    03-24-2011 09:01 AM
    Your problem isn't the atrix. Its att.
    My point exactly
    03-24-2011 10:32 AM
    so if we update we have to unroot? and what about other things that were done to the phone, like webtop via hdmi cable. does the latter part matter?
    03-24-2011 04:02 PM
    I suspect that this will address at least SOME of the major issues that we've all been experiencing. I signed up.
    03-24-2011 04:03 PM
    just got an email letting me know how to prepare for the update and that it can be expected to start tomorrow

(but I'm not supposed to tell you about it...so shhhhh, be quiet)
    03-25-2011 05:28 PM
    Just got a message from my friend saying hes getting his update downloaded now.

4.1.57.en.US(16.9MB)
    03-25-2011 05:48 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD