Just got the Atrix and...

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
@ film -That wouldn't be automatic, would it?

to the op: settings >> battery manager >> battery mode >> custom battery saver

i believe phone calls still come through, but the data stops syncing after 15 minutes of inactivity from the time you set.

blwn231#IM

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
On my BB, I could set the time for the phone to turn off say at 11 p.m. and turn back on at 7 a.m. Just wondering if this phone had a feature like this or not. Thanks for the replies. I will have many questions. LOL

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, my memory is fuzzy, but I thought that I read somewhere a while back that there is an app that does that on a rooted phone. Yes, I know, I am full of details, maybe I am thinking of an app that would schedule a reboot, not a separate off/on time.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Not quite sure why you would want to do that though? For the battery life? If thats the case I wouldnt worry about it. The batterys a beast on this phone.

Reactions: blwn231#IM

EJL1980

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Not quite sure why you would want to do that though? For the battery life? If thats the case I wouldnt worry about it. The batterys a beast on this phone.

Someone would want this feature for many reasons, no alerts while sleeping, save battery, no phone calls while sleeping, no chance of anything while in a meeting, etc. Its a simple feature I too miss from the world of blackberry.

Add in BB's few missing features, and android would be absolutely perfect.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
i have another question though.. Is there any app that i can use to permanently put my phone on vibrate mode? See, what happens is... when my phone is switched to vibrate mode, an accidental touch of the volume rocker immideatly activates the ringer, also when i play a game and adjust the volume in the game, after closing it the phone is no longer on vibrate mode, this really bothers me because i've been caught couple of times when i though my phone was set to vibrate and suddenly someone would call me and it would ring loudly..... I know its an android OS limitation, just really miss this simple feature on my bb bold 9700 where i could just set my phone to vibrate and never having to toggle with it back and forth... i am currently using "simple Sound Profile widget" but its simply a shortcut for switching sound profiles instantly rather than just going into setting all the time. thanks guys!

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Some people just want to sleep without random beeps throughout the night. I personally don't mind it, but I do know people that want certain quiet hours.

blwn231#IM

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Someone would want this feature for many reasons, no alerts while sleeping, save battery, no phone calls while sleeping, no chance of anything while in a meeting, etc. Its a simple feature I too miss from the world of blackberry.

Add in BB's few missing features, and android would be absolutely perfect.

My point exactly! I use the airplane app and it works pretty good.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I actually found what i was looking for... it called "vibrate mode by force" a very small simple app works perfectly..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007