More news? Post it!

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
How is everyone making out? Im happy to know that you all are coming to this forum to ask questions, help others, post news and find out information on the Atrix 4G.

If anyone finds out about any information that is new, and I mean any at all, please feel free to post it here and let others know. We need this forum to supply the best information possible and to draw new members to Android Central so that we can continue to make this the best Android forums on the internet! Let's all help eachother out with problems that we run into. Be respectful with others and make sure we commit to making this a pleasent community. I appreciate all of you for being respectful!

Nick

Sent from my Dual Core Beast Atrix using Tapatalk

BrianTufo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I wanna know now why the Droid X and D2 got a leaked GB update and Motorola has no GB for the Atrix in the near future. What gives?

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I wanna know now why the Droid X and D2 got a leaked GB update and Motorola has no GB for the Atrix in the near future. What gives?

I have read from other places that Motorola was eventually gonna update the Atrix to Gingerbread. Honestly, GB is not to much of a difference. Its just a beefed up Froyo. If we really want something sweet, I would love an Android Cell Phone friendly version of Honeycomb. But hey, who knows. I can life with Froyo for the life of the phone. Its a great OS.

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I for one am trying to hold off on posting anything that might violate the NDA, doing more reading right now.

I know exactly what you are saying. I see so many forum members violating the Motorola NDA...these folks need to understand that not violating the NDA will eventually help the Android community by allowing users actively participate in future beta testing.

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Here's my opinion with discussing the issues with the Moto firmware update here...which does violate the NDA....so many things that we discuss here Moto will not allow on their discussion forums. You are not allowed to discuss anything dealing with modding or hacking. Well, I'm sorry, but that's what a lot of us purchased an Android device for. We like to play around with the software and customize it, etc. If you can't discuss it on the Motorola forums, that only leaves outside forums to discuss it.

I would never post the update.zip file anywhere. I would never give away any trade secrets. I would, however, discuss how the update affects my ability to mod/hack my device.

theween04

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Ka3yan - I see your frustration and get your reasoning but there is still a problem with it. Part of their agreement says you can't discuss it, doesnt really matter what their forums will or wont allow. Its not like this is the official update - its a beta in testing that no one has to download, its a privilege to download it and not an absolute right so if you want it you should follow the rules that go along with the download. If you don't like their rules you def. don't have to download it and can wait till the official update comes out.

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Ka3yan - I see your frustration and get your reasoning but there is still a problem with it. Part of their agreement says you can't discuss it, doesnt really matter what their forums will or wont allow. Its not like this is the official update - its a beta in testing that no one has to download, its a privilege to download it and not an absolute right so if you want it you should follow the rules that go along with the download. If you don't like their rules you def. don't have to download it and can wait till the official update comes out.
Well said theween04...I fully agree with you.

theween04

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I would just say be careful what you say on here. Moto most likely won't do anything but they do and it could cost u money and honestly I don't think any post on here is worth that.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Well heres my say on the case. There is an NDA with Motorola and on them pushing out an update for people to beta test before it goes live. People should follow that really. Of course that is the "right" thing to do. But every now and then in the tech world, you will always have the individuals that will leak something or do something to spoil it for everone else. Its proven time after time. Even with BlackBerry. You had guys that actually worked on the New OS updates and were told not to tell anyone anything or leak it out. Yet they are the same people that Leak out the updates themselves, but there still getting paid for what they do.

When it comes to the world on the internet, everything is possible that would not be tolerated in the real physical world. Its a lot easier to get away with things when there done online. Its a bit harder in the real world but online, anything is possible. All of what people do with leaked beta OS's and other tech stuff is just a SMALL portion of what bigger scam artist do in the real world. How about the people from accross seas that have minuplated people here in the US to send there products to different address or send them money and they do it? Or the Pedafiles that are on the internet and grown men that have there way with little girls? There are things a lot more worse. Point in case................on the internet, anything is possible.

So all we can do is just hope for the best with everything. In this case, if Moto stops doing that because of what people are saying or leaking out then Im pretty sure Motorola has to be bound to know that was gonna happen. Its obvious. I dont think there not smart to know that. There just nice to give people the oppertunity to jump in on betas and when they see stuff going wrong (which they will) thats when they stop being nice about it.

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
My comment was not meant to spark a debate on the ethics or legality of posting information protected under a NDA. While I do have a very passionate views of others who feel like sharing information protected by a NDA or downloading items doesn't hurt anyone but that's for another thread and I would happily share my views there.

My intent was only to say, don't feel like because others aren't posting right now doesn't mean we aren't reading the forum. As this was the intent of the poster, to encourage more discussions around the Atrix which I full support and intend on adding to the overall discussions as soon as the NDA is lifted.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
What I replied with was not to debate. It was just my opinion I threw in there along with other people putting opinions. I didnt make the thread to talk about Motorolas NDA policy or anything like that. And Im not saying were not posting enough. Im just simply saying for us all to help eachother out and post any information that we find possible if you would desire to do so. Just so we can make this forum a bit bigger and gain more popularity for Andriod Central in General.

Kind of like if you get bored, just jump on in some of the discussions lol. I just want people to feel comfertible here and the more they do, the more they will come here. I know ever since I got my first Android device, its been Android Central all the way with all of my Android Devices. Its been the one stop shop for all of my information :) Although XDA provides my "Hacking information needed" lol. But other then that, Just have fun guys. The more you learn, the more you'll come out of your pockets on more Android stuff lol. Sound like a good salesmen huh? I should be one I tell ya haha. Have a good day guys!

Nick