atrix and gingerbread?

nory826

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Is it me or is every other smartphone in the world besides the atrix starting to get the gingerbread 2.3 update? I've read a few articles today about certain phones getting gingerbread and one phone was old and another was a samsung?!?! Lol what the hell is going on? You know there is something wrong when a Samsung gets the update first. So how does everyone else feel? Are you ready for gingerbread or are you happy with what you have now? Anyone running gingerblur?

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't care if the Atrix gets Gingerbread because honestly it doesn't give that much of an improvement over Froyo.

I'd be willing to wait it out for Ice Cream Sandwich instead. Multiple cores optimization > black notification bar

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
they are getting leaked... so not official from samsung or even moto for the dX and d2.

that could also be a sign that the version for the atrix will get leaked as well.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I don't care if the Atrix gets Gingerbread because honestly it doesn't give that much of an improvement over Froyo.

I'd be willing to wait it out for Ice Cream Sandwich instead. Multiple cores optimization > black notification bar
can i haz ice cream sammiches?

nory826

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Really, I heard gingerbread was going to be way better than froyo. Everything will run smoother and optimized battery performance. I can't wait for 2.3 to be honest.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'll be honest, I am for any update that improves my phone, period. 30 minutes extra battery, I'll take it. Optimized for dual-core, sign me up. Solve all of my problems, check please. :p

On a serious note, this is my first Motorola Android device. How are they with sending out updates?

Gennew

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
On a serious note, this is my first Motorola Android device. How are they with sending out updates?

I'd like to know too since this is my first Motorola Android phone as well. I like the new Blur on the Droid X and Droid 2. The Atrix's version of Gingerbread can't be that far off now.

annihilator_4

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
It really depends on the phone. Most flagship phones (Droid, Droid X) get pretty frequent updates, but you never know. Motorola seems to be showing a strong interest in maintaining the Atrix, but unfortunately with the nature of electronics you never know. I used to own a Motorola Cliq and it took nearly two years to go from 1.5 to 2.1 and after all their "testing" 2.1 was still very buggy and had to be manually updated. Left a bad taste in my mouth but like the terrible consumer I am, i'm giving motorola another chance with the Atrix.

quixoticelixer

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Updates are sent over the air, but if AC says that ifs available then they should provide a forced download link so you wont have to wait for at&t to send it to you. Being a dual core processor we probably have a longer wait then most are expecting.

And from experience the UI in GB is well worth the upgrade.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Motos gonna be pushing a small update out soon. In my opinion, it makes the phone a bit more snappier. And also makes the Fingerprint reader more spot on. At least there going with that push for it. And this is there flagship device on AT&T and probably period. So Im sure this one will get updated good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463