Pre-Installed Gmail app.

waltercln

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
is it me or this app just doesn't work on the atrix. It doesn't push email no notifications nothing. In order to get push i have to link my account to the stupid motorola email app, then i can get pushed gmail. but that's not what i want, and i shouldn't be forced to use motorolas app.

reason why i want to use the gmail app is because launcher pro updated with a gmail widget, but that uses the gmail app, but i can't use the gmail app because motorola doesn't let me. Very dumb.

if im missing something i would appreciate the help.

booboo64

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Works fine here. Are you talking of the Google gmail app? I upgraaded the shipped version with the latest one from the Market. No issues and notifies, etc. just fine.

waltercln

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
yea im talking about the gmail app, no matter what i do i get no notifications. Only when i open the app and hit refresh is when it works. maybe my settings are off? really want to get this working.

waltercln

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
sync gmail touch to sync now? It says it like that? Can you delete the app and re install it?

yea it never said that when i first got it but after about 1 hour (when i first got the phone) it would change. I even wiped the phone the day after, then exactly 1 hour later it said the same thing. I tried deleting and installing again, nothing. here's a pic of what it looks like.

http://img829.imageshack.us/i/photoayk.jpg/

jrmunch

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I was having a similar issue and found that my "sync" was turned off!
Try adding the "Power Control" widget and then check to see if "sync" is turned on.
Mine was "off" and turning it "on" resolved my Gmail issue.

Reactions: dalvik

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I was having a similar issue and found that my "sync" was turned off!
Try adding the "Power Control" widget and then check to see if "sync" is turned on.
Mine was "off" and turning it "on" resolved my Gmail issue.

I had the same issue today and couldn't figure out what's going on. Thanks a lot!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz