So I got the update notification and declined it because I'm running low on battery.I get on my PC in class and start reading all this stuff about the update being recalled.Im pretty pissed off because I should have tried to get it before it was unavailable.
    Is there going to be another release soon or am I screwed?
    Are you guys going to leak this on this site the way they do with Os on crackberry?
    What can we expect to happen about this update?
    I know that most of us are also up in the air with not having much info about why its been recaleld but theres bound to be a few who might have a little info if so can you chip in?
    thanks.
    03-29-2011 07:01 PM
    So I got the update notification and declined it because I'm running low on battery.I get on my PC in class and start reading all this stuff about the update being recalled.Im pretty pissed off because I should have tried to get it before it was unavailable.
    Is there going to be another release soon or am I screwed?
    Are you guys going to leak this on this site the way they do with Os on crackberry?
    What can we expect to happen about this update?
    I know that most of us are also up in the air with not having much info about why its been recaleld but theres bound to be a few who might have a little info if so can you chip in?
    thanks.
    Did you try settings>about phone>system update?
    03-29-2011 07:14 PM
    yea but it wouldnt let me upgrade i guess because the download failed...Im so upset and also glad because I wanted to read up on here how the upgrade was before I got it just to make sure it fixes more bugs than create new ones.
    03-29-2011 07:26 PM
    Is there really a recall? i just got word that a classmate of mine updated hers just now 8pm with no problems? that's weird.
    03-29-2011 08:18 PM
    It says you will be reminded to update again in 1 hr if you hit "Remind me later". Did it not come up again? (updating as I type this)
    03-29-2011 08:43 PM
    I guess I will try again when I get home and hopefully it'll gothrough then.ayways how is it?are you guys liking it ?
    03-29-2011 08:45 PM
    Just got the update notification a few minutes ago. It downloaded and is installing itself now.
    03-29-2011 08:58 PM
    Seems decent enough. Not much difference to me. Biggest difference is of course visually, with the new battery info screen showing more info than before (to specific apps running). Some say it's snappier but it seems just as snappy as before to me so far. Now, over the course of the next several days, I'll have to see if this fixes my fingerprint scanner issue where, when the phone is locked, sometimes the scanner would freeze on the "Initializing scanner..." part and never unfreeze, so I'd had to resort to entering the numerical pin to unlock my phone. That was getting frustrating (but was a completely random occurrence every now & then), so hopefully that's gone now.
    03-29-2011 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD