I purchased than returned the atrix since I kept losing network and wifi connections randomly. Has this been fixed with the first update.
    03-30-2011 12:38 PM
    I didn't have any wifi issues until this update!
    03-30-2011 01:32 PM
    I dont have network connection issues but I do with wifi at times. Did before the update and did after the update. A lot of people have been complaining about that. I think Motos on to it. Or AT&T. It might be happening because of the fact of the network not really being 4G like the phone is advertised as :P. Maybe that HSUPA update will fix this? I dunno. Hopefully!
    03-30-2011 04:21 PM
    If anything the update made my data issues worse. Thanks Moto!
    03-30-2011 04:31 PM
    I was having issues connecting using wi-fi, I tried the fix in the following thread and I'm good now.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...ion-issue.html
    04-14-2011 07:30 AM
    I have some issues, primarily with google talk dropping connection, if I toggle wifi all is well.
    04-14-2011 08:24 AM
    I purchased than returned the atrix since I kept losing network and wifi connections randomly. Has this been fixed with the first update.
    I have experienced intermittent AT&T network drops - but only when connected to my AT&T Microcell.

As far as the WiFi - Every single smartphone I have owned (Palm Pre, iPhone 3gs, Nexus One) including the Atrix have had problems keeping or reconnecting a WiFi connection. Specifically when coming out of sleep mode. I've played with all the settings and none of them make a difference. So, I don't think there's a resolution ofr you on this issue. At least not with my past experience.
    04-14-2011 12:12 PM
    I am not having any issues, at all. I was told, and actually believe, that smart device Wi-Fi radios are voluntarily weak to conserve battery power. I have 2 bars when 30 feet away and behind 2 walls, and it seems to be quite enough for my needs. Wouldn't a more powerful radio signal, such as the ones we get from a powerful 1st tier Laptop, be a considerable drain on the small battery of a phone?

Perhaps I'm misled, and the Atrix really is weak, but I've seen I-phones and other smart-phones having just about the same connectivity on the same Wi-Fi networks that I use. This leaves me wondering if I'm either lucky, lax on Wi-Fi performance expectations or if some people are simply expecting more than what Motorola thought was a good compromise on power management/power consumption ratio...
    04-14-2011 01:39 PM
    God I hope this doesn't happen to me. Mine has been flawless *knocks wood* My blackberry would absolutely not stay on a router to save my life. My wife's captivate works flawlessly too. I don't know what my phone is doing different than yours. I truly hope you get it worked out. I can feel your pain.
    04-14-2011 03:32 PM
    I fixed mine with a wifi switcher and put in the IP info manually for both my connections. Only way to keep them alive. At least this way when it drops them and trys to regain the connection it doesn't take 30 seconds.

Mine was terrible when the battery was at full charge. Once it dropped to about 85% it would keep the connection much better. Not sure why. I did do the swap phone deal and the new one did the same exact thing.

Been pretty good with the wifi switch tool. (Zakus Wifi)
    04-14-2011 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD