auto-rotate and icons

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
noticing that on auto-rotate icons take 1-3 seconds to repopulate the screen.

i'm on 'go launcher ex' with atrix update. never rooted.

i notice other lags, such as swypeing a name into contacts, results s-l-o-w-l-y spell out..

others experiencing same/similar? known issues?

dana

dLo GSR

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
the rotation in Go Launcher is most likely a software issue as it re-loads each widget when you rotate. however it should cache each orientation after the first or second time and you shouldn't see that much of a delay.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Your seeing that much of a delay because of what your using. "Go Launcher" I wouldnt recommend using that launcher. If you dont like MotoBlur, go with Launcher Pro or ADW. There quicker. Ive noticed Go Launcher is slower then those 2 when Ive tested them all out.

Reventrant

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I use Go Launcher with Gingerblur and don't have lag in any form. I ran Quadrant yesterday and got a 2498 score. What do y'all get with Launcher Pro and ADW?

Last edited:

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Gingerblur is customized right? The Go Launcher has nothing to do with the quadrant score of the phone. Plus your rooted. Im sure that ROM is sped up faster then the Factory MotoBlur ROM.

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
downloaded quadrant: 2390 score

i *think* issue is the more irregular the icon, the more time computing space needs.
i also noted that when rotating, icons appear in order added. for example: on one page is just the phone/text widgets (7). each time, the widgets appear in the same order as originally named.
so with your advise, i'd guess it's all in the launchers algorithms..

thank you,

dana

Reventrant

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Updated my score, sorry for the confusion. I went over to XDA and there are some peeps scoring 3k with Gingerblur, so I'm now wondering if Go Launcher is hurting. I'll probably uninstall it and try again.

Anything on your phone and running will affect your quadrant score, including your launcher.

dLo GSR

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Your seeing that much of a delay because of what your using. "Go Launcher" I wouldnt recommend using that launcher. If you dont like MotoBlur, go with Launcher Pro or ADW. There quicker. Ive noticed Go Launcher is slower then those 2 when Ive tested them all out.

It's preference IMO. I used LP and Go, and LP sucked on my phone bigtime. Transitions were not smooth, i didn't like the app drawer and it wouldn't let me resize widgets without paying.

Go, on the other hand, allowed resizing, had smooth transitions, and the app drawer lets me organize apps by horizontal page instead of scrolling.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I have used all three launchers and all three are great in portrait. However, all three did give me random lags when switching to landscape no matter how many rows, columns, and widgets I had. After a while I just turned off auto rotate and went with locked portrait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy