Atrix Music Player via Headphone Volume?

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I just listen to music rather loud but when I listen to music at max on my Atrix it seems to be pretty low volume. My iPod/Blackberry get extremely loud but the Atrix at max volume is not nearly loud enough for me. I have also installed PowerAmp to try and rectify this but it hasn't fixed anything.

Any ideas?

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with the volume not being high enough. This is likely due to the impedance of your headphones. Is this the same pair of headphones you used on the iPhone/BB?

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
yeah I actually have used two different pairs of headphones with the Atrix to test it. I have a pair of Bose QuietComfort 15's and just regular iPod headphone and both seem rather low to me. I also used both headphones with my BB and they were both much louder so I do not believe it is the headphones.

rickwood

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that too compared to my old iPhone. Volume is a bit lower with the Atrix, even on my Moto S9-HD bluetooth headset. It's normally not an issue, but when runnning at a fast pace on the treadmill, things can get pretty loud. In that situation I wish the Atrix were just a bit louder. It's not any louder with PowerAmp - in fact, using the equalizer presets seems to make it a bit quieter even.

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that too compared to my old iPhone. Volume is a bit lower with the Atrix, even on my Moto S9-HD bluetooth headset. It's normally not an issue, but when runnning at a fast pace on the treadmill, things can get pretty loud. In that situation I wish the Atrix were just a bit louder. It's not any louder with PowerAmp - in fact, using the equalizer presets seems to make it a bit quieter even.

The reason PowerAmp seems quieter is because they lower the "pre-amp" on all of their presents in order to avoid distortion. You can turn the pre-amp up on the left side of the equalizer.