mic on atrix

cavfreak1

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or are others using this phone have a issue with people being able to hear you on the other end of the call? I will be talking to people and in the middle of the conversation they cant understand or they cant hear me at all in the beginning of the call.

Is there other experiencing this also?

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
High could make it even worse. This is supposed to cut noise in you environment, so your voice come out cleaner.

Perhaps the way you speak into it also has some negative effect on your voice, or the phone might even have a defect on it. Test it out by having someone call you on a land line using your phone, from a different room with a closed door..

hotcoffee

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or are others using this phone have a issue with people being able to hear you on the other end of the call? I will be talking to people and in the middle of the conversation they cant understand or they cant hear me at all in the beginning of the call.

Is there other experiencing this also?

This issue has been heavily discussed on the Motorola Atrix forum. Your best solution to try what has already been suggested: turn off noise suppression. Another thing to try is turn on speakerphone while talking to someone. They will tell how much better you sound with speakerphone on. Then turn it off, and ask them if you sound better than you originally did. If after these steps, people still complain that they cannot understand you, I would suggest that you exchange your phone at the store you bought it. We exchanged my daughter's phone, and the new one did not have the problem at all. I also have an Atrix, but my problem was not as severe as my daughter's. I performed the steps above and people tell me that they can understand me. I listened to someone talking on my phone, and their voice sound like it lacked high frequencies (i.e., not treble enough), but it was otherwise understandable. I am waiting and hoping for a fix to come out from Motorola for the problem. They certainly know about it, given all of the discussion on their forum.