How to allow unknown source?

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to install swype. The swype site just says, go to settings, applications and click to allow unknown source, but I can't find that. I've searched here and on google, to no avail. Every post just says, "you have to allow unknown source" but they don't say how.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: tunie

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

Thank you again. I am having a small problem locating the "charge only" setting. >>>Ensure that your phone is set to "charge only" in the USB connections settings. See the documentation that came with your phone if you have any question.<<<<

I have the manual for the phone, but I can't find anything in it that addresses this. I also searched here and on google, but couldn't find it anywhere. When I click on USB connection, I have 4 choices- Motorola Phone Portal, Windows Media Sync, USB mass storage and None. I just can't find the option to select "charge only". I give up :confused:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thank you again. I am having a small problem locating the "charge only" setting. >>>Ensure that your phone is set to "charge only" in the USB connections settings. See the documentation that came with your phone if you have any question.<<<<

I have the manual for the phone, but I can't find anything in it that addresses this. I also searched here and on google, but couldn't find it anywhere. When I click on USB connection, I have 4 choices- Motorola Phone Portal, Windows Media Sync, USB mass storage and None. I just can't find the option to select "charge only". I give up :confused:

try None

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Good grief I'm such a noob. So I just spent almost 30 mins looking for an app I can download to my PC. None of them, so far, allow me to download them, only to install them on my phone. >>>>Download an Android app to somewhere on your computer, like the desktop. Make sure this app is for the version of Android your phone is running.<<<<< Really, I must have tried at least 15 of them, but none will allow me to download.

Can you point out what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Good grief I'm such a noob. So I just spent almost 30 mins looking for an app I can download to my PC. None of them, so far, allow me to download them, only to install them on my phone. >>>>Download an Android app to somewhere on your computer, like the desktop. Make sure this app is for the version of Android your phone is running.<<<<< Really, I must have tried at least 15 of them, but none will allow me to download.

Thanks...

check your pm inbox please

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Thanks...

I had same problem when I first did it. On this forum under carrier and then AT&T I believe are troubleshooting steps. I was running it from download folder and windows by default blocks certain rights to protect you from certain folders. Was a simplemfix.

MotoMan78

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
aRoot

If you don't feel like plugging in your phone all the time , try out aRoot ... It gives you the option to side load apk's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20