So about 24 hours in and the Atrix is now rooted.

Have to say that the XDA Developers are awesome !

Took me a little over 2 hours and that was because I had to flash the phone back to 1.26 as I upgraded yesterday as soon as I had it.

There is nothing to be scared of just take your time and you will be good. Anyone that has reloaded a Berry would be fine.

So going to see how it goes rooted for a a day or so, probably later today knowing my patience, and then change the ROM.

Starting to have some fun with the phone now but want to see how it gets on as a day to day messaging device before I settle.
    04-16-2011 01:47 PM
    Good job! I know that flashing the Rom back to stock is easy. Just takes patience. But its killing me to know that we have to do that in order to have root, and then upgrade with root already applied. Im in shock that someone hasnt figured out how to root what is availible right now. I wonder whats gonna happen when they push out another update?
    04-16-2011 04:48 PM
    Can't say but do know next time I am going to wait a while before installing !
    04-17-2011 08:52 AM
    I made the mistake of updating but I have no patience to go back to stock. I'm also shocked no one has come out with a root for the latest update. I'm gonna wait this one out. We cant stay on the original firmware forever because we need to be rooted, besides the update for unlocking HSUPA is coming and that alone outweighs being rooted.
    04-17-2011 10:33 AM
    how soon til units are shipped with the update installed?

seems cool to be aware> take out of box > not let it update, root, let it update.

might come back to atrix if they update the print reader and a few programs.

g2x is also calling my name.
    04-17-2011 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD