I updated my Atrix a week or so ago & I miss being rooted! I check android central everyday to see if anybody's figured out how to root after the latest update. The benefits from updated are ok but I really hope the guys at XDA can crack this thing, soon Have I missed anything on here? Is there a way to reroot without flashing back to stock? Would like to keep my update...
    04-16-2011 06:06 PM
    04-17-2011 01:50 PM
    I think what hes asking is if there is a way to root it without having to flash back. Which hasnt been done yet. The only reason why Im not doing that is because what if Moto pushes out another update with the same issue. Then I have to trolly up the OS system from beginning to end to aquire root? Its kind of messed up in a way.
    04-17-2011 06:42 PM
    I updated my Atrix a week or so ago & I miss being rooted! I check android central everyday to see if anybody's figured out how to root after the latest update. The benefits from updated are ok but I really hope the guys at XDA can crack this thing, soon Have I missed anything on here? Is there a way to reroot without flashing back to stock? Would like to keep my update...
    Well technically yes. Flash back to 1.26 then run Gladroot..and this will root you and then run the update to 1.56 allowing you to retain root while still enjoying the update. Might not be ideal but it works
    04-17-2011 11:55 PM
    It really is. I miss being able to hotspot my Atrix for other devices that are wifi only, like my nookdroid & my wife's ipad2. We like to travel a bit, & being able to hotspot is very convenient. That, & considering my atrix having that capability was a major selling point I used to talk her into getting the (cheaper) wifi only ipad2 rather than the wifi+3G ipad2 lol She's not too happy with me right now... Anyway, I may end up flashing stock & gladrooting it, but I dread even having to screw with all that.
    04-26-2011 01:09 PM
    I rooted without having to flash back with Gingerbreak
    04-26-2011 04:51 PM
    It really is. I miss being able to hotspot my Atrix for other devices that are wifi only, like my nookdroid & my wife's ipad2. We like to travel a bit, & being able to hotspot is very convenient. That, & considering my atrix having that capability was a major selling point I used to talk her into getting the (cheaper) wifi only ipad2 rather than the wifi+3G ipad2 lol She's not too happy with me right now... Anyway, I may end up flashing stock & gladrooting it, but I dread even having to screw with all that.
    Maybe I am missing something here but I was rooted, ran the last update and lost root. I am still able to tether using a custom APN.
    04-26-2011 04:59 PM
    I rooted without having to flash back with Gingerbreak
    Any issues? I saw that method but have not had any time to read up on it.
    04-26-2011 05:00 PM
    Any issues? I saw that method but have not had any time to read up on it.
    Where is this method at? Plus, Motos gonna be sending out another update shortly. So I dont know how that whole flashing back root will work. Might have to do it all over again.
    04-26-2011 05:37 PM
    gingerbreak (no flash to 1.26 required)

some quotes from this thread in xda
    - root method is good for up to 2.3.2
    -This exploit has nothing to do with the Atrix or Motorola. This is a massive security flaw in the core Android OS.
    04-26-2011 06:18 PM
    I rooted my Atrix on 1.5.7 with Gingerbreak v1.20
    I used AC Sideload wonder machine to install APK

[26.04.2011][v1.2] GingerBreak APK (root for GingerBread) - xda-developers

After I rooted, I installed Gladenabler allow side loading

[SCRIPT] GladEnabler v1.04 (Sideload/Tething-4.1.57 Support-Updated 04/10/2011) - xda-developers

Everything was pretty straight forward and easy
    04-26-2011 07:02 PM
    Sorry for the newbness in advance, I have my Atrix updated to 4.1.83 and never tried to root it until today using SuperOneClick, when it didn't I ended up doing research and figured out that the reason it didn't work is because I have the newest update (4.1.83), also I've seen a bunch of different approaches on how to root with 4.1.83 but most of them say it won't work if the phone was never rooted to being with. What do you guys think is the most clean cut way to root my virgin 4.1.83 that has never been rooted and retain the 4.1.83 while being rooted? Thanks in advance!
    05-31-2011 05:50 PM
    Sorry for the newbness in advance, I have my Atrix updated to 4.1.83 and never tried to root it until today using SuperOneClick, when it didn't I ended up doing research and figured out that the reason it didn't work is because I have the newest update (4.1.83), also I've seen a bunch of different approaches on how to root with 4.1.83 but most of them say it won't work if the phone was never rooted to being with. What do you guys think is the most clean cut way to root my virgin 4.1.83 that has never been rooted and retain the 4.1.83 while being rooted? Thanks in advance!
    A little bit of effort on google will go a long way but since I'm in a good mood I'll help ya out.

Gingerbreak v1.2
    05-31-2011 06:13 PM
    Where is this method at? Plus, Motos gonna be sending out another update shortly. So I dont know how that whole flashing back root will work. Might have to do it all over again.
    What update? Gingerbread? ( I hope so...)
    Edit:
    Nevermind i got it..
    05-31-2011 07:21 PM
    My atrix came from att with 1.83. Gingerbreak worked flawlessly, gingerblur loaded flawlessly, and no glitched whatsoever. No need to flash back.
    05-31-2011 07:30 PM
    Since I first started this thread, I've made considerable progress with rooting my Atrix. At that time, the 2nd update had just come out & there really wasn't any "easy" ways to gain root again. But patience paid off.

Running Greyblur, GO launcher (love the app drawer capabilities)

ps LOVE my Atrix
    06-09-2011 10:02 PM
    My atrix came from att with 1.83. Gingerbreak worked flawlessly, gingerblur loaded flawlessly, and no glitched whatsoever. No need to flash back.
    My Atrix came with 1.83 as well, but when I tried rooting with gingerbreak, everything seemed to go smoothly, I have superuser and downloaded the Shoot Me app, it said that it needed to be rooted. Not sure what I did wrong, but any help or suggestion would be appreciated.
    06-14-2011 06:27 AM
    My Atrix came with 1.83 as well, but when I tried rooting with gingerbreak, everything seemed to go smoothly, I have superuser and downloaded the Shoot Me app, it said that it needed to be rooted. Not sure what I did wrong, but any help or suggestion would be appreciated.
    go here:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/t-atrix/73187-found-working-screenshot-app-rooted-atrix.html

and click on the link and follow the instructions for the app! i did it yesterday and it works beautifully
    06-18-2011 02:04 PM
    Since I first started this thread, I've made considerable progress with rooting my Atrix. At that time, the 2nd update had just come out & there really wasn't any "easy" ways to gain root again. But patience paid off.

Running Greyblur, GO launcher (love the app drawer capabilities)

ps LOVE my Atrix
    How did you finally root it? I got 4.1.83 got SU but cannot install moto bootstrap. Get Security Warning
    07-01-2011 01:12 PM