Have to say I have been impressed with my first Android experience.

No build issues or OS issues at all. The phone is easily rooted and the rest there is only one question mark really.

The wifi signal just seems to drop out on me for no reason that I can ascertain.

Using the phone in the same areas that Berry and even iPhones have had no issues I look down and see that there is no wifi present which is odd as in most cases I am less than 40 foot from my router when this happens.

I haven't upgraded the firmware on my linksys or made any changes and the wife's 9700 isn't having any issues at all or the step daughters iPhone, step sons Captivate or the other step son's Torch.

Anyone else noticing sudden loss of wifi ?
    04-23-2011 07:46 AM

Anyone else noticing sudden loss of wifi ?
    Yes. Sometimes its rock solid for hours. Sometimes it goes in and out. Sometimes it likes to try to bounce between three different SSIDs (I have a couple networks in my house). Very annoying.
    04-23-2011 07:49 AM
    I wouldn't have noticed but thought I would check my data usage.

I have been using a 9700 for a while and used the heck out if it but never got about 200 meg for a month.

Been using the Atrix for a week and over 200 already. Most of my data usage is at home so was wondering why.

Think I have the reason !
    04-23-2011 08:27 AM
    watch out for what channels your wifi is using. If the neighbors or your own access points broadcast on the same channels there could be interference, leading to flakey operation.
    04-23-2011 09:15 AM
    Wifi has been solid for me. No complaints.
    04-23-2011 09:30 AM
    Sorry, it has been the exact opposite for me. I had lots of issues with my EVO and wifi but absolutely none with my Atrix.
    04-23-2011 10:13 AM
    I have had issues as well, most noticeable in google talk. Sometimes it won't stay connected unless I drop and then re initialize the wifi connection. It is a pain.
    04-23-2011 10:58 AM
    I have issues also. Going a certain distance, wifi goes in and out. Frustrating.
    04-23-2011 02:07 PM
    No issues here but i went and changed my wireless settings on my router and never had a problem again check your router.
    04-23-2011 02:21 PM
    Been having this problem with my Atrix too. Noticed that it's worse when connecting to my N SSID; totally unreliable. However when I connect to my G SSID it seems a bit more stable. Checked using the WiFi Analyzer app and it doesn't report a channel for my N SSID (simply shows "<unknown>"). I am running an Apple Airport Extreme with the latest Firmware (7.2.1 or something like that). @Andy_Thatcher wondering if you've checked your N SSID to see what channel you are broadcasting. If no one has any ideas looks like I'll just stick with my G SSID for a while.
    04-23-2011 09:50 PM
    Atrix seems to also have a problem with handing off traffic gracefully when connecting and disconnecting from wireless. Is this always a problem on android?
    04-24-2011 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD