Fingerprint scan for Exchange requirements with Touchdown?

tk123

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I was using the on-board email client with my Atrix and loving the fact that I didn't need to enter a password (as per my companies policies) when I use the Fingerprint scanner. What I was not loving was the sporadic email notifications I was getting. I tried Touchdown and sure enough I'm getting all my notifications on time and I actually like the U.I. better, but... It requires the password every time I check my email after a short period of inactivity even after the fingerprint scan. Does anyone know if this is something that can be changed in the settings? Or would it still do that if I was using the traditional password login method to access the device in the first place?

knoppe01

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I was using the on-board email client with my Atrix and loving the fact that I didn't need to enter a password (as per my companies policies) when I use the Fingerprint scanner. What I was not loving was the sporadic email notifications I was getting. I tried Touchdown and sure enough I'm getting all my notifications on time and I actually like the U.I. better, but... It requires the password every time I check my email after a short period of inactivity even after the fingerprint scan. Does anyone know if this is something that can be changed in the settings? Or would it still do that if I was using the traditional password login method to access the device in the first place?

I believe it's set by the exchange server policies - you can see the policies (as Touchdown interprets them) in the setting of TD

tk123

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I believe it's set by the exchange server policies - you can see the policies (as Touchdown interprets them) in the setting of TD

I know it's set by the exchange server policies. But as I said, with the out of box email client the fingerprint scan is sufficient to satisfy the server policies. With Touchdown, it seem to not be. I'm just wondering if there is a setting I can change or if TD is redundant and even if I was using a traditional phone I would be entering my PW twice.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Not sure how to solve your issue with Touchdown, but I believe the new update fixes the notification problems with the native email client. Supposed to go live tomorrow.

knoppe01

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I know it's set by the exchange server policies. But as I said, with the out of box email client the fingerprint scan is sufficient to satisfy the server policies. With Touchdown, it seem to not be. I'm just wondering if there is a setting I can change or if TD is redundant and even if I was using a traditional phone I would be entering my PW twice.

Not that I'm aware of but I'd suggest sending an email to Nitrodesk support - they're good with replies and have a Beta trial group as well.