04-30-2011 02:21 PM
70 123
tools
    FYI, I received notification around 3am EST on 4/28 and I installed without any major issues. I had previously used the Gladroot method to root on 4.1.57 and, of course, the root was gone after this update. As a test I ran the "afterupdate.bat" again and it restored my root. My software version is still 4.1.83 so there appears to be no reason that those who are afraid of loosing their root priveleges should avoid this update.
    04-28-2011 03:28 AM
    now they just need to figure out how to root this one with out going back to an old version and working your way up.

Come on one click root. Amazon App store needs to be allowed.
    04-28-2011 04:03 AM
    thank god hopefully it comes out soon and i dont have to go get a new phone again
    04-28-2011 04:41 AM
    04-28-2011 07:34 AM
    wow that ping and upload looks great....cant wait for it to go public!

David
    04-28-2011 07:41 AM
    The screen stutter issue being resolved is great. I dont read much about it, but I see it all the time. It seems to be only with the browser. I press the browser icon and nothing happens for three to four seconds. Then the browser launches and as soon as I scroll the screen goes black for a split second and then returns to normal behavior. This is my second atrix and they have both exhibited the same behavior.
    04-28-2011 07:43 AM
    I dont know much about Ping or what that means. But I do know the difference is definatly noticible. Depending on where you are. But I wouldnt say its extremely slower then Wifi. I find myself with Wifi off now that this happened and using it, its a HUGE difference
    04-28-2011 07:47 AM
    The screen stutter issue being resolved is great. I dont read much about it, but I see it all the time. It seems to be only with the browser. I press the browser icon and nothing happens for three to four seconds. Then the browser launches and as soon as I scroll the screen goes black for a split second and then returns to normal behavior. This is my second atrix and they have both exhibited the same behavior.
    That screen stuter you refer to, you wont really notice it. Also the connection with the network and wifi has been fixed (per the update log)

lol
    04-28-2011 07:49 AM
    That screen stuter you refer to, you wont really notice it. Also the connection with the network and wifi has been fixed (per the update log)

lol
    By saying i wont notice it, you mean that it has been corrected in the Beta?
    04-28-2011 07:55 AM
    By saying i wont notice it, you mean that it has been corrected in the Beta?

ehhhhhh....................
    04-28-2011 08:00 AM
    All of these comments about the beta, pictures, etc. are violating the Non Disclosure Agreement terms with Motorola. At least have a little integrity.
    There is no forum rule against this, and the forums did not sign one.

Carry on.
    youareme7 and Terrigno like this.
    04-28-2011 09:20 AM
    Man this waiting for the update is crazy,I know its good to wait till things are good to go but geeezz man could motorola take any longer?**
    04-28-2011 09:50 AM
    All of these comments about the beta, pictures, etc. are violating the Non Disclosure Agreement terms with Motorola. At least have a little integrity.
    Heres the thing bud. Its pretty obvious that just about everyone knows whats coming for the Atrix. A lot of people on XDA already spilled the beans. Now I dont intend to say exactly anything about Motorolas beta release. Just the obvious fixes that people know are comming. Im just backing them up. Theres more things to. But since the ChangeLog was already posted in the forum, its pretty obvious everyone in the forum will know exacly whats fixed. You and I both knew that HSUPA was coming this month. That was said by AT&T themselves. So its not like serious beans are being spilt. You know? You'll be excited. Trust me.

These Android Central Forums are not going to be tarnised in anyway. These are the best forums on the net. Biggest Reputation. Then theres XDA, which spills beans like crazy. But hey, its the internet and you can expect that. But I wont close XDA out. Because Ive learned so much from that forum. It gave me smarts on a lot of things I know today. And Ill continue to go there to get advice from a lot of developers. But here? This is the best place for general information. And its organized well.
    04-28-2011 10:17 AM
    Because I hit the OTA feature an my phone has been "checking for available update for what seems like a half hour already" which is weird because it there isn't any update available it should've prompted me that the device is up to date by now I'm also connected to WiFi as well as a charger it this helps.. BTW: I have 8yrs wireless retail experience an am very familiar with smart phone update as well as leak software installation but am fairly new to android(Crackberry abuser)
    04-28-2011 10:29 AM
    Crackberry....i remember those days where I had to answer so many stupid questions on a daily basis for noobs...although i was one once and now one again to android....but It was fun to make your own hybrid Os on BB wish I could do that now =/
    04-28-2011 10:34 AM
    Because I hit the OTA feature an my phone has been "checking for available update for what seems like a half hour already" which is weird because it there isn't any update available it should've prompted me that the device is up to date by now I'm also connected to WiFi as well as a charger it this helps.. BTW: I have 8yrs wireless retail experience an am very familiar with smart phone update as well as leak software installation but am fairly new to android(Crackberry abuser)
    You got yourself a lot of BlackBerry Converts here buddy. You'll feel at home . I learned so much at CrackBerry that now if you asked me anything about it, I already forgot haha. But loading leaked OS's was awesome. I would spend hours fiddling around with my BB. Or BBs since I had about 10 of them in the lifetime of BlackBerry. Then I switched to Android, and this is my 4th so far. Also, when the update comes you will get a notification instantly on your phone. Just keep your eyes peeled.
    04-28-2011 10:42 AM
    So Motorola still has no clue how to fix the horrible voice quality. This is my second Atrix and the voice quality is exactly the same.
    corneliusm likes this.
    04-28-2011 11:53 AM
    You got yourself a lot of BlackBerry Converts here buddy. You'll feel at home . I learned so much at CrackBerry that now if you asked me anything about it, I already forgot haha. But loading leaked OS's was awesome. I would spend hours fiddling around with my BB. Or BBs since I had about 10 of them in the lifetime of BlackBerry. Then I switched to Android, and this is my 4th so far. Also, when the update comes you will get a notification instantly on your phone. Just keep your eyes peeled.
    that is good to know as I will be a full fledge convert in a few weeks.
    04-28-2011 12:19 PM
    So Motorola still has no clue how to fix the horrible voice quality. This is my second Atrix and the voice quality is exactly the same.
    So are you saying Skype/voip app quality is still not fixed with this new update?
    04-28-2011 12:47 PM
    Ahhhhhhhh.

http://www.androidcentral.com/motoro...n-too#comments
    Terrigno likes this.
    04-28-2011 01:17 PM
    Any idea when this will be available for Bell?
    04-28-2011 01:30 PM
    Any word if this is also coming to Bell Mobility at the same time? Thanks.
    04-28-2011 04:22 PM
    Any idea when this will be available for Bell?
    Oops I didn't see your post, and asked the same thing. Of course Bell will say they don't know if you ask them.
    04-28-2011 04:23 PM
    "Email Improved ability for users to receive email notifications so you know when you have a new message."

I think the way moto worded this was funny. Improved ability? Either you get the notification or you dont. Kind of an all or nothing proposition, no?
    04-28-2011 07:46 PM
    I don't know what I'm more excited about, real HSUPA or Skype finally being fixed!!
    Hooray for both, it's about time Moto!!

04-28-2011 08:08 PM
70 123