4.1.83 update changelog

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Pardon me but are all of you guys beta testers? Cuz i even went on ATT webpage under my login and nowhere it says 4.1.83..... there is only 1.57......

Ohhh ok got it thanks....

vlstyles

Feb 19, 2011
www.sdbell.com
FYI, I received notification around 3am EST on 4/28 and I installed without any major issues. I had previously used the Gladroot method to root on 4.1.57 and, of course, the root was gone after this update. As a test I ran the "afterupdate.bat" again and it restored my root. My software version is still 4.1.83 so there appears to be no reason that those who are afraid of loosing their root priveleges should avoid this update.

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
now they just need to figure out how to root this one with out going back to an old version and working your way up.

Come on one click root. Amazon App store needs to be allowed.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
The screen stutter issue being resolved is great. I dont read much about it, but I see it all the time. It seems to be only with the browser. I press the browser icon and nothing happens for three to four seconds. Then the browser launches and as soon as I scroll the screen goes black for a split second and then returns to normal behavior. This is my second atrix and they have both exhibited the same behavior.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I dont know much about Ping or what that means. But I do know the difference is definatly noticible. Depending on where you are. But I wouldnt say its extremely slower then Wifi. I find myself with Wifi off now that this happened and using it, its a HUGE difference :)

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The screen stutter issue being resolved is great. I dont read much about it, but I see it all the time. It seems to be only with the browser. I press the browser icon and nothing happens for three to four seconds. Then the browser launches and as soon as I scroll the screen goes black for a split second and then returns to normal behavior. This is my second atrix and they have both exhibited the same behavior.

That screen stuter you refer to, you wont really notice it. Also the connection with the network and wifi has been fixed (per the update log)

lol

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Man this waiting for the update is crazy,I know its good to wait till things are good to go but geeezz man could motorola take any longer?**

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
All of these comments about the beta, pictures, etc. are violating the Non Disclosure Agreement terms with Motorola. At least have a little integrity.

Heres the thing bud. Its pretty obvious that just about everyone knows whats coming for the Atrix. A lot of people on XDA already spilled the beans. Now I dont intend to say exactly anything about Motorolas beta release. Just the obvious fixes that people know are comming. Im just backing them up. Theres more things to. But since the ChangeLog was already posted in the forum, its pretty obvious everyone in the forum will know exacly whats fixed. You and I both knew that HSUPA was coming this month. That was said by AT&T themselves. So its not like serious beans are being spilt. You know? You'll be excited. Trust me.

These Android Central Forums are not going to be tarnised in anyway. These are the best forums on the net. Biggest Reputation. Then theres XDA, which spills beans like crazy. But hey, its the internet and you can expect that. But I wont close XDA out. Because Ive learned so much from that forum. It gave me smarts on a lot of things I know today. And Ill continue to go there to get advice from a lot of developers. But here? This is the best place for general information. And its organized well.

Project Marnier

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey is there anyway to do a desktop update??

Because I hit the OTA feature an my phone has been "checking for available update for what seems like a half hour already" which is weird because it there isn't any update available it should've prompted me that the device is up to date by now I'm also connected to WiFi as well as a charger it this helps.. BTW: I have 8yrs wireless retail experience an am very familiar with smart phone update as well as leak software installation but am fairly new to android(Crackberry abuser)

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Crackberry....i remember those days where I had to answer so many stupid questions on a daily basis for noobs...although i was one once and now one again to android....but It was fun to make your own hybrid Os on BB wish I could do that now =/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance