Atrix Dual booting

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
so yea onhce again I post the same question...and I've read several places its impossible but I wonder....there are people who always find a way anyways.
Is it possible to dual boot with the Atrix?
can I run android and another mobile Os?
Is there a downside if it is possible?
come on guys and girls someone here has to have something on this topic...

attweco

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
so yea onhce again I post the same question...and I've read several places its impossible but I wonder....there are people who always find a way anyways.
Is it possible to dual boot with the Atrix?
can I run android and another mobile Os?
Is there a downside if it is possible?
come on guys and girls someone here has to have something on this topic...

It seems to me that it's not gonna be possible, as long as the bootloader remains locked. It's a good thought, though. I'd love to try out the H-P/Palm WebOS on my Atrix!

Conor18

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Ya dual booting would be pretty awesome. If you dual boot an iOS do you get the app store? And would the apps play fine? Don't hate..

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
It seems to me that it's not gonna be possible, as long as the bootloader remains locked. It's a good thought, though. I'd love to try out the H-P/Palm WebOS on my Atrix!

yes! Webos on this beast of a phone would be awesome. How has palm/hp not yet realized that they need to release webos on killer hardware if they want to avoid webos dying a slow painfull death?

attweco

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
....How has palm/hp not yet realized that they need to release webos on killer hardware if they want to avoid webos dying a slow painfull death?

Apologies to sk8trix for hijacking his thread, but...

I've been a Palm device owner since the HandSpring. And I still have old HandSpring, here. So, Palm and I go back a ways. But I'm convinced that Palm is now in it's final death spiral, at the hands of a clueless H-P. They lost too much momentum, and it's too late in the game for a come-back. As super cool as WebOS is, it's still nothing more than a beta release. H-P is a serious profit-making business, and when this current effort falls flat(which it will), they will simply turn out the lights on Palm/WebOS, write off their investment, and prolly go with Android. Exactly the same thing which I did, when I walked away from my Pre and bought an Atrix.

The people I feel the most sorry for are the app developers, who got sucked in by Palm's utterly inept management.

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
yea its cool I just basically wanted to hear some thoughts,besides it really sucks that we cant dual boot this phone because it would really be great.Running android and windows or iOs just for the heck of it.

ts599

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
guys. gingerbread will unlock our bootloaders so we can dual boot soon. ive heard the official gingerbread update will come out july 2011

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
guys. gingerbread will unlock our bootloaders so we can dual boot soon. ive heard the official gingerbread update will come out july 2011

Unlock it yourself now. See the root hack section, there are instructions.

sent from my unlocked MB860 via Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary