I know most people have not received the update yet but for the few that have, are you guys still able to sideload apps/install apps from amazon marketplace if your device was previously rooted?

Also if your device was rooted on 4.1.57 are you still rooted or have they plugged the hole. Thanks
    04-29-2011 06:12 PM
    I'm not rooted but I can still side load.
    04-29-2011 06:21 PM
    was that with the superoneclick program? I was wondering if i enabled sideloading using superoneclick all the way back when it was stock firmware i will continue to sideload apps after this update. I guess we'll see when more people have the update
    04-29-2011 06:45 PM
    Not SuperOneClick. Thats the program that Roots Androids. But it wont Root the Atrix. You Need the AC Sideload Wonder Machine. Thats what sideloads the apps. I got it installed on my laptop and desktop. If we can obtain root with the latest update, we wont need to use it. But its good that its there
    04-29-2011 08:18 PM
    Also if your device was rooted on 4.1.57 are you still rooted or have they plugged the hole. Thanks
    I think you are still rooted by running afterupdate.bat (Gladroot method) after applying the OTA update, if that is originally how you rooted. I installed 1.2.6 then rooted(gladroot 4.2) while updating to 1.5.7 and then updated to 1.8.3 by installing update.zip method and then ran afterupdate.bat which is a step in Gladroot 4.2. I'm still rooted at this moment.
    04-30-2011 05:50 AM
    Lucky. I shouldve did that lol. But There has to be a way someone figures out how to root the latest update. And the Memo said you wont be able to flash back to older verisons
    04-30-2011 07:00 AM
    Lucky. I shouldve did that lol. But There has to be a way someone figures out how to root the latest update. And the Memo said you wont be able to flash back to older verisons
    gingerbreak?
    04-30-2011 04:00 PM