Calling all experts. I am somewhat new to Android and don't know the tricks to force the phone to update.

Its rooted on 1.57 but no matter what I seem to do it keeps telling me the software is up-to-date.

WIFI - cycle on/off
    Reboot more times than I can count
    Cellular on/off
    Called ATT to verify my IMEI (they had it wrong...now fixed...so they claim)

Any thoughts? Help greatly appreciate!!
    04-30-2011 06:37 PM
    Try going to Motorola.com and search for the update there. If after hooking up your phone to their update software it still can't find the update, then you will have to wait your turn if you want the official update.
    04-30-2011 06:49 PM
    Try going to Motorola.com and search for the update there. If after hooking up your phone to their update software it still can't find the update, then you will have to wait your turn if you want the official update.
    Thanks..just tried this no luck. Apparently their update software is still on 1.57.

grrrr...other ideas?

Anyone else not getting the update...maybe I am just not patient enough?
    04-30-2011 07:24 PM
    Never mind....Found the bigger thread that at the end someone says they spoke to Motorola and the update is coming in waves...hate waiting but like knowing :-)
    04-30-2011 07:33 PM
    yep..im still waiting too..guess we have to be patient
    04-30-2011 08:57 PM
    Patience is overrated.....
    04-30-2011 09:17 PM
    You can pick up the update sbf file from xda atrix forum and load it on your phone. I did it and its works fine...
    04-30-2011 09:43 PM
    Calling all experts. I am somewhat new to Android and don't know the tricks to force the phone to update.

Its rooted on 1.57 but no matter what I seem to do it keeps telling me the software is up-to-date.

WIFI - cycle on/off
    Reboot more times than I can count
    Cellular on/off
    Called ATT to verify my IMEI (they had it wrong...now fixed...so they claim)

Any thoughts? Help greatly appreciate!!
    Here

Follow first few steps to use RSD lite and flash 83. Once done, keep going if you want root. Otherwise, stop after it flashes the update.
    05-01-2011 02:48 AM
    I also cannot get the update! I did everything in the first post and I called ATT with no luck.

Haven't called Motorola yet but it looks like the update is coming out in waves.... Tomorrow I'll search for it in the xda forums as mentioned above
    05-01-2011 03:50 AM
    I hate the whole "waves" thing ... They should just release the darn thing to everyone at the same time.
    05-01-2011 12:17 PM
    I did what npark said...downloaded the rsdlite program, then the file. started nsdlite and voila....got 183 on my phone now..worked great and took about 15 mins

david
    05-01-2011 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD