disable contacts from Facebook from showing up in my "contacts"

ShuckyD

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
So I saw another thread on this forum about this, but it was only the same question, no answer so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I'm brand new to the Android OS, I went out and upgraded from my BJII to an Atrix 4G today (yea I had phones since that, but they died before my contract renewal was up so I had to fall back on my old BlackJack).. but I've always been a WinMo person until now, but I think I made the right choice.

I'm trying my best to get use to this, but when I go into my contacts or to dial someone since I have it linked to my facebook, linkedin, and 4 email accounts (google being the only one who I want to swap contacts with) it's showing people who are my Facebook friend and have a # posted... I cant stand this, is there a way to stop this from happening?

Tre Lawrence

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Go to your Settings, Accounts and Sync, and Manage Accounts. I believe you have to disable Facebook sync there.

You might also have to clear Contacts Storage in "Manage Applications" to purge the current sync first.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
You could do that. Or in the phone application, go to Settings>Display Contacts. And it will let you display your contacts only backed up through Google and not your facebook contacts. But if they are linked, it will show there picture.

ShuckyD

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
OK, thanks for the replies, I am going to loko into the settings now, all my friends who have Android phones think I'm nuts, but I dont show a facebook app, so it must be motoblur doing this. I would still like to have facebook accessible, but if it means not through motoblur I'm fine with that.

ShuckyD

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
i dont mean to be dense, but I dont even see a settings area in the phone app (that is if the phone app is what launches when you click the green call button)

Also should I just look at ADW as my launcher app? My friends who use Android tell me that its "soo much faster" yet they all own HTC devices. Anyway the biggest niggles I have with what I'm using now (what the phone comes with) is the email widget on the homescreen shows me my latest email, not emails, and doesnt tell me whcih accoutn they're from (4 email accounts synced including Exchange 2010)... does ADW solve this problem or give a better widget or whatever it is called then the stock motoblur?

annihilator_4

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
In android you need to realize that the menu button (far left one with four little squares) is used in almost every application. If your ever lost trying to find settings its a good chance pressing it will help you find them. ADW will change your widgets but you have to understand that ADW and LaucherPro and all those applications are "launchers". They run ontop of motorola's motoblur launcher and allow further customization of widgets, homescreens, the dock, ect. I would advocate trying out the various launchers but if you arn't to keen with settings and all that motoblur runs wonderfully under the Atrix. Look for another email app that has a better widget in the market if thats your real concern.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
If you have your facebook account linked to MotoBlur, thats how your seeing updates in MotoBlurs widgets because of your linked account. You can download the official FaceBook application from the Market. As well as Twitter, Ebay, Paypal etc if you wish. Do not use launchers right now. Figure out the phone a bit more and read into customizing. When your comfertible with it, then you can do it. Just get used to it a little bit before you dive right in bud.

ShuckyD

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Terrigno! I unassigned my facebook accout with the Motoblur accounts section... Now it just shows my 4 email accounts in there. Is there a good email app I should look at to easily show me all unread messages with a widget AS WELL AS their associated account (i.e. Exchange, Yahoo, GMail, etc.)

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hmm not to sure since I only have 1 Gmail account. The OEM email app doesnt do that? Im sure it doesnt have a widget though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois