Downloading 4.1.83 OTA now

saberry

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
No Luck Here

People are having much better luck than I am. My atrix lost all connectivity after the update. I still see H+ and 3-5 bars with the send/receive arrows highlighting but nothing will go through, not even calls.

Trying a factory data reset right now to hopefully resolve the issue.

mark.tumang

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Well it seems that the battery life is actually worse than before.... I've noticed that for over past two days when i flashed with 1.83 from xda.... (i reflashed back to 1.57 and got the official today)
so its been 2h 47min and the battery is down to 70% the display was on for 1h 17min... browser for 10 minutes.... so yes its worse than before. well at least on my phone... some people might have different results my phone also gets hot at the bottom while others are not reporting this problem. its interesting how the same update version differently affects some devices.....

send me the link to flash back to 1.57. or is this the same as the sbf on xda?

jyar727

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Gah! So excited for this update!
My DL speeds are consistently 5mbps+ here in ann arbor!

My Upload are still a hit or miss deal though but I don't care at least its not capped.

terrrrrible

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Here in southern CT. 3 bars H+, GPS on... getting ~3MBps down/~1MBps up. I was getting ~3MBps down/~.3MBps before the update, so looks like that did the trick.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

Sorry for the late answer... here is the link http://briefmobile.com/motorola-atrix-4g-1-5-7-ota-update-sbf i wasnt able to find it on xda.. thats the only link where i found it... use the file from hotfile the other link is messed up...

Reactions: attweco

han350

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
People are having much better luck than I am. My atrix lost all connectivity after the update. I still see H+ and 3-5 bars with the send/receive arrows highlighting but nothing will go through, not even calls.

Trying a factory data reset right now to hopefully resolve the issue.

Hey sab3000.. Unfortunately a similar thing has happened to me.. successful install, tested skype over wifi and confirmed that it resolved the noise problem, for those who care about it...

but then when i wanted to a non-wifi speedtest, i noticed i have a broken connection. speed test gives me
269ms ping, -4kbps down (yes minus 4) 190kbs upload. i cant view any web pages.. located in manhattan, UES.

settings -> phone ->status shows:
signal strength: -66dBm ecno: -8 rat:3g
Mobile network type: HSPA

were you able to fix the problem, if so how ?

thanks..

bdizzel1982

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the 4.1.83 SBF from XDA and the OTA are the same, the SBF on XDA is what was sent out to all the beta test users to make sure everything worked smooth before sending it out to the public

**Update**

I just compared the system information from the SBF posted on XDA which I used vs the info from a friend who waited and got the OTA and they are the exact same. So if you already flashed the one from XDA I wouldn't waste your time flashing back.

Last edited:

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the SBF from XDA and the OTA are the same, the SBF on XDA is what was sent out to all the beta test users to make sure everything worked smooth before sending it out to the public
Yes thats right of course its the same file its just i couldnt find it on xda(their search wasnt working at the time) so i got it from here....

PryNc3

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
50824115.png

sk622

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
My favorite phone, QUADRANT SCORE 2966

While I'm still in lust with my Nexus 1 and drop a new ROM in every other day, I am really enjoying my STOCK ATRIX. I just updated and pulled a 2966 on Quadrant. The form factor, the battery life, the 1080p camcorder, I even like the stock home screen. I also own a Captivate and a D2G, (and an original Droid running CM 7.02 just for kicks) Motorola has some solid products and has a long reputation for bringing technology superstar products to the table. (Tested their portable sat equipment in the Marine Corps in 1983).

I can't wait to see what their new boot loader protocol will be!

Atrix Stock
Nexus One MIUI
D2G Fission
Captivate Cognition
Droid CM7

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
As of right now the video recording is only 720p. There supposed to have an update for 1080p in the future.

While I'm still in lust with my Nexus 1 and drop a new ROM in every other day, I am really enjoying my STOCK ATRIX. I just updated and pulled a 2966 on Quadrant. The form factor, the battery life, the 1080p camcorder, I even like the stock home screen. I also own a Captivate and a D2G, (and an original Droid running CM 7.02 just for kicks) Motorola has some solid products and has a long reputation for bringing technology superstar products to the table. (Tested their portable sat equipment in the Marine Corps in 1983).

I can't wait to see what their new boot loader protocol will be!

Atrix Stock
Nexus One MIUI
D2G Fission
Captivate Cognition
Droid CM7

anon(301129)

May 1, 2011
www.romamexico.com
Upgrade to my US purchased, unlocked and rooted Atrix went just fine last night here in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
3G speed tests as follows:
Ping 174
Download 1781
Upload .377
Happy Camper! :)

CharlieTX

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Atrix Upgrade Results

I live in a semi-rural area outside Dallas - Fort Worth, so didn't expect to see much (read: any) improvement as a result of the upgrade. But, to my surprise (especially given that I'm on AT&T), my download speeds now range from 2 - 4 Mbps and upload speeds consistently run around 1 Mbps. No issues uncovered so far, just improvements.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1