Downloading 4.1.83 OTA now

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Its just unbearable how fast the phone gets hot.... within a minute of use! Its also interesting that not everyone experiences that! Anyway SGII is almost out just have to wait a bit

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
It is weird because mine got really hot while it was updating then when it finished and rebooted I rebooted one more time and checked it out for speed and all and it was fine no prblem but also I use battery saver mode all the time dont know if thats why.Either way it was almost dead so its turned off charging now this way i can test battery life and see if motorola is full of huey or not about their so called "improved battery life" lol

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Finally got a stable data connection and ran speedtest. Got a zooming 255 kbps and 76 kbps. I hate you AT&T. I'm dropping my plan to the $15 one and switching to a Verizon hotspot. This is ridiculous.

rebake

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Got it, sweet updating it now. It's about time. :D

Ping 28
Download 19.91 Mbps
Upload 3.64 Mps

Normal was getting about 15-16

Last edited:

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
It is weird because mine got really hot while it was updating then when it finished and rebooted I rebooted one more time and checked it out for speed and all and it was fine no prblem but also I use battery saver mode all the time dont know if thats why.Either way it was almost dead so its turned off charging now this way i can test battery life and see if motorola is full of huey or not about their so called "improved battery life" lol

Well it seems that the battery life is actually worse than before.... I've noticed that for over past two days when i flashed with 1.83 from xda.... (i reflashed back to 1.57 and got the official today)
so its been 2h 47min and the battery is down to 70% the display was on for 1h 17min... browser for 10 minutes.... so yes its worse than before. well at least on my phone... some people might have different results my phone also gets hot at the bottom while others are not reporting this problem. its interesting how the same update version differently affects some devices.....

Reactions: philharmonik

philharmonik

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Well it seems that the battery life is actually worse than before.... I've noticed that for over past two days when i flashed with 1.83 from xda.... (i reflashed back to 1.57 and got the official today)
so its been 2h 47min and the battery is down to 70% the display was on for 1h 17min... browser for 10 minutes.... so yes its worse than before. well at least on my phone... some people might have different results my phone also gets hot at the bottom while others are not reporting this problem. its interesting how the same update version differently affects some devices.....

could these problems have anything to do with the fact that you had flashed your phone previously? Im a firm believer that you should always only update from official sources. I understand the frustration waiting for the updates to be released. Is it really worth screwing up your phone though? Im not saying YOU have screwed up your phone though. Just curious I guess.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
btw guys where did you get an idea that this update suppose to improve the battery life? it doesnt say it anywhere in the change log...

Data Speed Increased speed at which data can travel on the network.
Data Connection Improvements to prevent interruptions to data connection. Screen Improvements to prevent screen from freezing.

Email Improved ability for users to receive email notifications so you know when you have a new message. Also, improvements were made so that you are now able to use the same email login to access both MOTOBLUR™ and YouTube.

Skype Improvements to call audio function so it is easier for the person you called to hear you. Please note this application is not pre-loaded on the phone, but is available for download from the Android Market.
Wi-Fi Increased functionality by enabling Yahoo Email to be sent over a Wi-Fi connection.

Display Improved International Roaming Warning Message by simplifying user notification so that it only appears on the screen when you move to a new network.

Happenings Widget Improved Happenings Widget to ensure that you receive the latest updates across the social networks you are connected to such as Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter.

Calling Improvements were made to incoming and outgoing call functionality to ensure a more seamless experience.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Theres no way he gets 19MB down. I would love proof of that. Yes I got the update also. The phone does seem to get hotter. The speeds are better, but not 100% off the wall but they will do. Im probably gonna get the Infuse 4G when that comes. Im a suker for Super Amoled :)

Reactions: dalvik

philharmonik

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Just Got the update. Ran speed test 3 times

Ping :55
Download: 14.53
Upload: 11.17

Ping: 55
Download: 16.49
Upload: 11.23

Ping: 55
Download: 14.47
Upload: 11.47

I believe you ran a speedtest with your wireless still connected. Those are insane speeds to be 4g network alone. Try again with wi-fi disabled!:)

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Theres no way he gets 19MB down. I would love proof of that. Yes I got the update also. The phone does seem to get hotter. The speeds are better, but not 100% off the wall but they will do. Im probably gonna get the Infuse 4G when that comes. Im a suker for Super Amoled :)

yeahh Super Amoled is the way to go! I might get the Infuse 4g too if galaxy S II will be too expensive or wont have ATT 4g bands... Just have to see how it feels in hand with that gigantic screen.. gee 4.5..... thats almost like a tablet not a phone.....
btw thanks for your advice to wait for official release. good thing i flashed back to 1.57 :)

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
well in the past hour im still at 90% and instead of custom battery saver im using performance mode and it seems good so far so maybe its only on some devices also i never rooted so idk if that had anything to do or mayb i just got a good a** ATRIX

philharmonik

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
well in the past hour im still at 90% and instead of custom battery saver im using performance mode and it seems good so far so maybe its only on some devices also i never rooted so idk if that had anything to do or mayb i just got a good a** ATRIX

Yeah I believe the only "true" way to know you are getting proper performance is if you have never rooted your phone. That rules out any thoughts like, "I wonder if I hadn't flashed/rooted or whatever if my phone would perform like its supposed to?" Im glad my Atrix is still stock/untouched. Looks like Im gonna have to go by McDonalds and get on their wi-fi to get this update and test it out! Can't wait!:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc