Downloading 4.1.83 OTA now

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
So first impressions are good. Before, average ping was about 295, that is now down to 165. Upload ranges from. 700-1.2. Seems to drop to 700 every other test I run, not sure why. Now lets see those promised battery improvements.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
well after receiving my notification about the update and trying to crack my jobs wi-fi password for about an hour I have been successful in both now getting free wi-fi at work and getting my update as we speak cant wait lmao

philharmonik

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
well after receiving my notification about the update and trying to crack my jobs wi-fi password for about an hour I have been successful in both now getting free wi-fi at work and getting my update as we speak cant wait lmao

Now thats determination! Let us know how it goes!

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
yea it was such a pain but now the phone is rebooting so we'll see how it goes and yea determined to use free data i only got less than a GB left for the month

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Just installed the update.... speeds are abysmal: 2.01DL and 0.20 UPL. Was this update suppose to change hspa+ speeds?

Edit:
Phone gets superhot at the bottom. Does anyone experience that?

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Well this blows. Don't even seem to have a working data connection now. The up/down arrows are going off like data is transferring but nothing can connect at all.

My phone is also getting superhot at the bottom.

Midtown Manhattan here.

Edit: oh look at that, some HTML has come through. Definitely not normal, was connecting slowly but ok before the update.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Well this blows. Don't even seem to have a working data connection now. The up/down arrows are going off like data is transferring but nothing can connect at all.

My phone is also getting superhot at the bottom.
Midtown Manhattan here.

Yeahhh i see now it is the same update i installed earlier when i got sbf from xda forums... the phone was getting hot too.. Well I'm now pretty much convinced, I'll be selling this POS phone on ebay and getting galaxy s II

Reactions: Terrigno

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded an hour back, the upload speeds have improved but the phone is getting hot at the bottom.

I did lose root as expected, have to wait until I get home to try Afterupdate.

Jim Ahrman

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, i'll be happy to say..i'm dancing on the ceiling right now..that's a sight to be seen. Initial testing on my end..everything is better from what i can tell. I'm easily getting 6.5M down and 1.5M uploads, ping's are good also..130 range..:D

which..as happy as that makes me.. makes me even MORE mad at Sprint...darn them!!!:mad:

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm interesting.. im getting mixed test results.. just ran the speed test again and got this: Ping 138ms DL 5.85mbps UPL 1.48 mbps... not bad actually.. but like i said before phone gets very hot at the bottom... that bothers me....

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
well so far my phone isn't over heating and wi-fi seems really good but I never had an issue with it to begin with.I don't really see any changes I would have to play with it for today and see if the battery life really did improve.The speed has improved dramatically its so fast compared to pre update only i never did a accurate speed test before but there are the figures now let me know what you guys are getting

ping 129ms
DL 3.03mbps
UL 1.31mbps

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded an hour back, the upload speeds have improved but the phone is getting hot at the bottom.

I did lose root as expected, have to wait until I get home to try Afterupdate.
Interesting the phone is not getting as hot as it was initially but still hotter than before update.

The battery appears to have improved but too early to tell.

The finger print scanner quit working and I couldn't reset it without pulling the battery. Once I did that it appears to be much quicker.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan