Atrix media dock questions

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
If I buy the media dock for the Atrix without the wireless keyboard and mouse,can I use my wireless keyboard and mouse from home?or would i have to use the phone keboard?Anyone have the media dock can you give some details as to how it works and stuff?

thanx

Varun124

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I do not have the kit but everything i have read says that you can use any wireless mouse or keyboard that has a usb dongle. You can also use bluetooth ones with HID profiles which can connect to your phone directly.

darylgo

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Keyboard/mouse

In an attempt to find a keyboard/mouse that would work cross platform/device the bluetooth connection is frustrating at best. Non-bluetooth wireless just works,plug it into any usb and it's ready instantly. The advantage of bluetooth is that no dongles need to be plugged into usb but pairing is not always fast or easy. The Apple wireless keyboard pairs with my ipad, galaxy tab but not the media dock. The motorola wireless keyboard won't work with ipad/tab but works with the media dock because it was made for it....but you need to wake it occasionally.

calbearz24

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Along the lines darylgo's comment, I was interested in getting the Logitech DiNovo mini to use over bluetooth with the dock but couldn't find anyone who had tried that setup. I didn't want to buy online just to have the hassle of returning it if it didn't work.

One Logitech setup I tried uses one of the older receivers that acts as a cradle for charging the mouse and the other is with the unifying receiver, wireless illuminated keyboard, and the marathon mouse. The kbs/mice were paired previously with their receivers and worked right away with the dock. Obviously with the unifying receiver you need the Logitech SW to use both with one receiver, so I don't think you can set up the receiver with the second device on the dock itself.

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
yea but i have to root dont I? to use that? in which case I dont want to root,I've seen alot of people root and then complain about all these issues theyre having up and down

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
yea but i have to root dont I? to use that? in which case I dont want to root,I've seen alot of people root and then complain about all these issues theyre having up and down

I haven't used the Atrix without root access, so I can't give a comparison. Other than it would be immensely frustrating and upsetting if I didn't have root.

In terms of performance, it sounds like you're basing your decision off heresay, but if that worries you then you're better off not rooting.

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I mean i would like to root.my bb was unlocked and i had anything i felt like putting on there.Now with this phone we got locked bootloader.I want to root and take advantage of everything,but is it that hard to flash back? Im higly considering rooting i want the extra functionality and all.

darylgo

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Alternative for the UnRooted!!!

Just use bluetooth for the keyboard/mouse.

You don't have to get the dock. You can use this: [SCRIPT][updated5/4]Webtop via HDMI compatible for VERSION 4.1.83(W/Chinese Font Fix) - xda-developers

Pretty amazing, I just ran the script and now the phone has the full webdock functionality with just the included HDMI cable. Nothing extra required.

Good to know and I might root in the future. I am currently not rooted due to the commitment of time involved and it is still a mysterious/foggy procedure. So, the dock is still a worthwhile purchase, perhaps if I was traveling it would be more convenient not to have to carry the dock but at home it provides an easy drop in connection.

Re: keyboard issue, Verbatim makes a great keyboard/mouse that is working for me very well, it is the "Verbatim 97472 Mini Wireless Slim Keyboard and Mouse (Black)". I place the usb key in the dock and the keyboard/mouse work perfectly. $37 at a very well known online retailer is less than the Motorola keyboard alone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers