What is the best Personal Finance App like Quicken for Android?

projekt1

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I like using Mint.. Its easy to use. Doesnt have bill pay or anything lile that but lets you see your accounts, transactions you can even set up budgets.

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: ross.lafferty

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I like using Mint.. Its easy to use. Doesnt have bill pay or anything lile that but lets you see your accounts, transactions you can even set up budgets.

Do you sync it with Quicken? Is Mint an Android stand alone product?

TPete19

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just started using Mint today and have to say that I am very impressed. It is not an Android stand-alone, as it began as a web-based financial tool. The app is very handy to have and puts all of my account in one quick view.

I have been playing with the web version today and love it.

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, not really comfortable with putting my finances on the cloud. Not that I have a lot to loose, haha. I'd rather have it on my PC and sync to my Smartphone, without the cloud.

rickwood

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
The best app depends on what you want it to do. I need an app that can simply keep track of my checkbook. I don't need fancy reports or budgets. I do need repeating transactions and the ability to see where my balance will be during the month as my bills are paid from my account. For my needs, I like Pocket Money. It doesn't yet have all the features of the iPhone version, but even so it is working great for me. I reconcile every day or so using Mobile Banking to know what has cleared. Anyway, what works best really depends on how you want to track your finances and what features are "must-haves" for you.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Mint is a good app. I think Quicken owns Mint. And what they really need to do is Make a Quicken app that integrates with your PC Quicken, for Android. I have Quicken to and my best option of using it is using PocketCloud and using it from my PC lol. But honestly, I have Mint and PageOnce. I think pageonce is better and more on point.

But could Still get Better. Mint sent out a survey for people to find out how they can improve on what they do. So Im pretty sure soon its gonna be a better app.

Reactions: Dude2

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The best app depends on what you want it to do. I need an app that can simply keep track of my checkbook. I don't need fancy reports or budgets. I do need repeating transactions and the ability to see where my balance will be during the month as my bills are paid from my account. For my needs, I like Pocket Money. It doesn't yet have all the features of the iPhone version, but even so it is working great for me. I reconcile every day or so using Mobile Banking to know what has cleared. Anyway, what works best really depends on how you want to track your finances and what features are "must-haves" for you.
Yes, that is what I do as well. Mainly checkbook stuff, nothing to fancy.

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Pageonce is the best by far. Real time bank account status and has tons of different accounts you can setup. it will even do the math of subtracting your upcoming bills from your current account balance.

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Pageonce is the best by far. Real time bank account status and has tons of different accounts you can setup. it will even do the math of subtracting your upcoming bills from your current account balance.
Is Pageonce a stand alone Android app? Does it interface with Quicken? I did not see how to make Checkbook or Cash entries to enter spending and then track. Is it easy entering the items?

sojourner753

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure Mint is top notch when it comes to real-time current information. I haven't used it personally but I hear nothing but good things about it. But I need something that will allow me to plan and project future expenditures. That's what I use Quicken for.

I don't need a mobile app to be on parity with Quicken, but I would like something that is a decent companion. It would need to support importing and exporting quicken data so I can keep them both up to date. I'm fine with making it a manual process. Maybe I'd use dropbox to transfer the data back and forth.

There are a ton of Apps in the market. I"m wondering if anyone has found an app that works with a use case similar to mine. It would save me going through the entire list.

At this juncture a register app that allows me to keep it synchronized with my desktop Quicken would suffice as a basic need.

Some that I've found that advertise Quicken interaction
PocketMoney (Import/Export QIF)
anMoney (Import/Export QIF)
EasyMoney (Export QIF)
Cashbook - Expense Tracker (Export QIF)

Last edited:

ross.lafferty

May 12, 2011
Visit site

I agree, I love mint. I had already set up a ton of the functionality (budgets, goals, etc...) through the web months ago so I wasn't to peeved with the lack of functionality in the app to set those up. But i rely on this app fairly frequently to be able to check transactions across many cards, accounts, etc...

sojourner753

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been using anMoney for almost a year in conjunction with Quicken on my laptop. It's pretty powerful.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance