I heard that Netflix is finally out and available for Android devices. However, when I try to install I see a message that my Atrix is not a compatble device

You seeing the same thing?

https://market.android.com/details?i...iaclient&pli=1

Update:
    Oh, now I see the story on AndroidCentral. "Select" phones only. Bummer.
    05-12-2011 04:48 PM
    Yeah, hopefully it doesn't take too long for them to roll the app out to everyone else.
    05-12-2011 04:59 PM
    In today's AndoidCentral, they report that Netflix is having to test their app for each Android device, individually, to see if it works. There is already a list of approved phones published, but Atrix is not yet one of them.
    05-12-2011 05:11 PM
    They need to release this for the Xoom and Atrix.
    05-12-2011 05:41 PM
    I'm pretty excited about this. I'm just going to wreck my "unlimited" data with this!!! :-D
    05-13-2011 03:00 PM
    I dont get it the Atrix and Zoom both use dual core so wouldnt it be running nicely on wither device,whats the hold up it might sound like I'm being impatient but we paid good money for our phones shouldnt they work a little faster than this?
    05-13-2011 03:43 PM
    I agree with you so..... that the powerful androids should have been listed in at least top ten. The Matrix is up there. But remember, this is probably due in part between Motor, AT&T & Netflix. No choice but to wait.
    05-14-2011 09:21 AM
    It's beyond me as to why Netflix is being relased to end of life and older devices. You think they would begin with newer devices and get to older devices last.

Netflix is working BassAkward
    05-14-2011 02:31 PM
    so I just installed the Netflix app from here, the one with Device Check Disabled.
    [APP]Official Netflix (new device check disabled) - xda-developers

It has the device check disabled. I am now able to sue the app to stream without a hitch. Really excited to be able to do that! Figured I'd post the link to the forums here in case some people have missed it.
    05-15-2011 01:42 AM
    You know how they did it for the rooted nook.Can we do that on the atrix,I rooted tonight and did the webtop hack so im really excited I was wondering if we can do the same for the atrix to run netflix this way i can watch my tv episodes at work lol
    05-15-2011 02:01 AM
    I'm pretty excited about this. I'm just going to wreck my "unlimited" data with this!!! :-D
    +1
    That's exactly what I'am doing right now with my Evo
    05-15-2011 06:38 PM
    It's beyond me as to why Netflix is being relased to end of life and older devices. You think they would begin with newer devices and get to older devices last.

I don't think Netflix released their app according to phone spec entirely?

It think it has to do more with the "User Base".

If I'am not mistaken? In the last year? The Evo is probably either the 2nd or 3rd
    most purchased phone compared to the Iphone. And as we speak it is still selling quite well.

It's all about the money bro.
    05-15-2011 06:42 PM
    so I just installed the Netflix app from here, the one with Device Check Disabled.
    [APP]Official Netflix (new device check disabled) - xda-developers

It has the device check disabled. I am now able to sue the app to stream without a hitch. Really excited to be able to do that! Figured I'd post the link to the forums here in case some people have missed it.
    I have some color issues with running this on the Atrix. Anyone else with this problem?
    05-16-2011 02:58 PM
    I have the green bar and color issues
    05-16-2011 04:55 PM

Gotta remember these older devices are out there in the millions upon millions strong. And are still capable of streaming Netflix just fine.
    In fact Netflix on my Evo produces some pretty stunning video quality.
    Weather on 3G,4G with almost no buffer at all!p
    if you got at least a decent signal.
    05-18-2011 01:41 AM
    hopefully Netflix certifys the XOOM and the ATRIX soon...
    05-19-2011 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD