GoSMS: disable native SMS application

encelle11

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I installed GoSMS. Very nice application, but I cannot find a way to disable the native SMS application that comes with the Atrix.

Suggestions anyone?

Thanks,

JusticeCalibur

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
go to your stock "text messaging app" > Messaging setting

and under test messaging settings, uncheck " Noifications"

sometimes, check in GoSMS setting, it might allow you disable the stock text notification or give instruction on how too.

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

sometimes, check in GoSMS setting, it might allow you disable the stock text notification or give instruction on how too.

bingo that is exactly how to do it. GoSMS tells you do not uninstall your stock SMS app but instead just turn off its notifications and you will be good to go. That is all I did. After that you will be promped sometime later on what SMS app you want to use for default but that is pretty easy to change the first time it comes up.:-$

Andyroids

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
hey guys,

quickest way is to go into native messaging app --->settings---->under message centre, you just enter a bogus number. and there you go, no more double sms's

Regards

komodo69

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Worked like a charm....thanks

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I would always get notification from the stock app when someone would send me an mms when I was using go.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G using Tapatalk