New User from BB - Need Universal Inbox on homescreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Day one on Android from several years as a BB user. Looking for a way to get my Universal Inbox icon on my Motoblur homescreen. Right now it has the Messages icon, so i have to first enter that then an additional click (all the way at the top left) for my Universal Inbox which is immovable.

I have been able to create the shortcut icon on my homescreen using LauncherPro,..however, if i uninstall launcher pro, or even switch back to my Motoblur loader, the shortcut goes away. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance.

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Just hold down the icon on the app screen then u can put it on the home screen

Thanks but that does not work. Again, I can hold down the Messages iconf and move it to my homescreen,..but that's not what I want - because it still requires an extra click to get to my Universal inbox. What I'm looking for is a way to get the Universal Inbox icon directly on my homescreen, so as soon as i click it i see the consolidated list of my emails.

jgreenacres

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I had to install Launcher Pro to get that option. I don't think you have to use it as your Launcher, but it gave me a list of "Activities" when I add a shortcut on the home screen.

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I had to install Launcher Pro to get that option. I don't think you have to use it as your Launcher, but it gave me a list of "Activities" when I add a shortcut on the home screen.

Thanks man, I think i'm still out of luck. I got the shortcut with Launcher Pro,..but if i switch back to Motoblur it goes away, or if i uninstall Launcher Pro, it goes away too. Can't get the shortcut to stay unless I'm actively using the Launcher Pro

ross.lafferty

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks man, I think i'm still out of luck. I got the shortcut with Launcher Pro,..but if i switch back to Motoblur it goes away, or if i uninstall Launcher Pro, it goes away too. Can't get the shortcut to stay unless I'm actively using the Launcher Pro

Not to circumvent the issue (I'm still looking around to try and find something you can use), but if it works while using LauncherPro, is there any reason you are against using the custom launcher? Most people here in the boards prefer Launcher Pro to motorblur any day.

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Android Forums - gMail versus Universal Mail

I ran across this right after my last post. It seems people are disabling the sync of their mail through adding the gmail account and instead adding it as an imap account under the universal email application and using that instead.

Thoughts?

I have several emails, so id prefer to use the universal inbox. I havent really looked through launcher pro, I just saw my widgets were gone and all my screens were empty, I guess i can put them back huh,..whats the main differences between launcher pro and motoblur?

ross.lafferty

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I have several emails, so id prefer to use the universal inbox. I havent really looked through launcher pro, I just saw my widgets were gone and all my screens were empty, I guess i can put them back huh,..whats the main differences between launcher pro and motoblur?

You would have to re-add your icons and Widgets but before I applied GingerBlur I solely used launcherpro as my default launcher. Were you able to try the steps in the link to get what you needed?